Sometimes I feel that I have to be careful not to become callous to some of the things I see on the mission field. It is almost a defense mechanism. That my heart cannot contain the heartache that I see every single day of my life.
Last night, we were eating dinner with the team. It had been a great day of ministry at the children's home, we had relaxed at the Blue Hole...because it is SUPER HOT this week. A little girl came in selling avocados and such. I told Lee, "let me buy some...a little girl like that shouldn't have to be selling things like that at 7 o'clock at night." The sad thing is that when we went outside, her mother was there with more for her to sell. Of course, I was glad to see her mother was there and she was not alone.
The team ministered to her and loved on her, gave her food off their own plates, which she quickly went in the other room and ate. I was trying so hard not to cry. She was only a couple years older than my Erika.
Then look what happened today:
Last night at dinner a 9 year old girl came in to sell us avocados and nances. So I bought nances and started speaking with this little girl. At first she was in a stand off mode. Until I started asking her what she wanted to be when she grew up. She told me she wanted to be a teacher, meanwhile we prepared a plate of food for her. Thought I would never see her again then today I ended up at her house and her face lit up when she saw me. Then brightened up even more when she realized I recognized her. Totally feeling God's love here!--WRITTEN BY A GIRL ON THE MISSION TEAM
Isn't God Amazing? He cares so much more for the little children than even we do:)
We need His wisdom as we minister to people, to always love. To always have compassion. We never know when we might see them again:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.