Thursday, August 22, 2013

WHEW...

Yesterday was just one of those days.  If you are a woman, you will understand how hard it was for me:)

Our sink has been slowing rusting underneath...it has been pretty gross and to the point that water has just been seeping, seeping underneath.  I pulled everything out and it was all gross black and dirty.  So my expert plumber husband went and bought and installed a new faucet in the afternoon.  My kitchen was a mess, but somehow I was able to fix a yummy dinner and Tori and I cleaned up.  When we cleaned up, it showed even more work needed to be done.  So after working a full day on the church, Lee recaulked EVERYTHING.  
It looks great, though, so I am thankful for the mess to get to the beauty of a nice kitchen counter and a faucet that works:)

Then, our bathtub.  The beautiful one framed in by wood.  Well, the wood didn't work out so well.  It is actually so sad because this friend of ours spent so much time doing it.  But the wood was holding water and as much as we tried to keep it dry, it was just too high maintenance and the wood was starting to rot.  So, also YESTERDAY, that process began.  The man who installed it came back, tore it all out and tiled the tub.  It is GORGEOUS with the tile.  He is still working on it today.  But I actually like it so much better.  I will post pictures soon.  And the tile is just way more practical for our family that takes a million showers and baths a day, especially when it is hot.

Yesterday, amidst school and swim lessons and making meals, my house was so messy.  It was driving me crazy, but I let it go.  Today I got up and vaccuumed, just to make myself feel better.  It really can't be cleaned until Saturday, when all of the fixing is finished.  But we are getting there.

Tonight starts the Foursquare Camp, which will be really busy for us as well.  Please pray for Josh and Tori. This camp is much more rustic than what they are used to in the states.  They each have a friend going though.  I am praying that all the kids are greatly ministered to.  Lee, Erika and I will join them for the evening sessions along with a guest speaker that is coming from Next Gen in Texas.  Hoping it is an amazing time.

And Saturday, I will work on getting this place back in shape:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.