Thursday, August 29, 2013

Have you TRULY forgiven?

Tonight, I was convicted and ministered to by a young lady who I consider a spiritual daughter:)

Last night, I was going through some photos on a CD of our time at our last church.  I saved a couple to my computer.  It was fun, emotional.  The memories good and bad flooded back.

Then this picture came up of a woman that was not very nice to me.  Actually more than not nice.  She verbally attacked me one Sunday during service out in the foyer...and the picture was of her holding her child in front of the doors just like the memory that I wish I could erase.  I realized in that moment that I had not let it go.  I had not truly forgiven her.  Not that she asked.  But it is my responsibility to forgive no matter what.  When I saw that picture, my heart hurt.  Yes, time has healed a lot of the hurt.  The enemy used her at a time that I was very vulnerable.  Fighting many inner battles myself.  And she got to me.  The pain went even deeper every time I saw her after that.  If I would show up at a small group, she would literally pack up her children and leave.  If I showed up for a Bible study, she would go outside to her vehicle.  I had never had someone I felt disliked me so much.  And it hurt.  At a time when I was fighting some of the biggest battles of my life.

I would love to say that I eventually got to talk to her, to work it out.  But I didn't.  

And that pain flooded me again last night.  

BUT TONIGHT, when this young lady was sharing, God told me, "You need to forgive  ___________.  You need to lay it down once and for all."

So that is what I am doing.  I am praying for her.  Wherever she is, whatever she is doing.  I pray that the Lord will bring restoration to the areas of her life that are broken.  Because I know it was out of her brokenness that she did what she did.

One wounded woman, one vulnerable woman.  And the enemy saw his opportunity.

And tonight, I lay it all down before Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.