Monday, August 19, 2013

Its Been a while

So I was informed that its been a while since I posted.  That is because life is incredibly busy and HOT.  I wake up early to do what I can...and am wiped in the afternoon.  If I sneak a rest in the afternoon, I might stay up til ten.  If not, then I'm falling asleep by eight.

This morning, I was up and going strong by 6:00.  Its 8 now and I have swept and mopped the main areas, did some work in the kitchen, washed and hung three loads of laundry...but still have much more.  I am about to get Josh and Erika up for school.  Tori has been working for an hour already.

Last week was crazy and the rest of this week will be too.  Swim lessons require the girls to start school at 6.  Tori likes to go to get a tan.  I enjoy her company.  Erika is now a swimmer.  She can swim across the deep end.  It has been worth all the trouble of fitting it into our day.  Her best friend has been going with her each day too.  Erika is also sporting a nice tan.  She has four more days and then we will celebrate with her on Friday:)  Thankfully, we have a break from lessons this morning, so I am playing catch up here at home.

Church life has been busy.  It is the season of outreaches, which means, I am busy stuffing sports bottles for the teachers, wrapping pencils for the students we will pray over Sunday, and still keeping up with my Children's Church responsibilities.  We are thankful for all the teams that came this summer that blessed us so we could bless others.  We continue to see people giving their lives to the Lord.  I have had the honor of praying with two different young people over the past month...and I am just one of many leaders.

Oh, and its been hot.  Not the crazy, you can't move hot.  Just the once it reaches ten am you don't want to do as much because it is hot and sweaty.  We have been going through water like crazy.  Erika has been getting refreshed in the pool each day, but not us.  Maybe next week, we can fit that in.

This week is our first Foursquare Youth Camp.  We will be joining with the Cayo churches.  Please pray for the kids attending (including my two).

Here's a few pictures of what is going on.

Four of the Eight baptisms we did last night.



Beautiful flowers for our Anniversary.  A real treat here in Belize:)

Erika made lunch for the kids the day Lee took me out to lunch for our anniversary.

I love this special friend God has given Erika.  They have learned to swim together this week.  And have enjoyed every second of their time together.


Saturday we came home to find a bucket with a tiny turtle in it.  For those of you who know this sweet girl, she said the turtle swam past her as she was washing her family's clothes in the river and she got it for Tori.  She walked all the way here to give it to her and then waited around for us.  Her heart is so big.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.