SO, the busyness has begun...but the funny thing is that I am not busy all the time. It is like we have clusters of it, then are tired for a few days recuperating. I have been real tired, so am wondering if my thyroid is slowing down now (except I think it is not there anymore, who knows??)...but I also had a really busy weekend...so it is hard to know exactly.
This morning, we got up and got our free Chickfila Spicy Chicken Bisquits. They were really good, then Erika and headed to Wally World, while Lee, his parents and the older kids came home to start their first day of school after break. Lot of errands ran by Lee and Tricia this afternoon, while I held down the fort here. I am very comfortable here, which is nice. But I am still ready for my own home. But again, thankful for this time. I will really miss my family when we move. Both sets of grandparents are planning to come visit us our first fall, so that will be nice, as we head into our first Holiday Season alone.
This week once again entails many errands in Katy. More doctors, bloodwork, haircuts that didn't get done last week. Our car being fixed so we can sell it...and be safe on our long drive to Abilene coming up. We are definitely racking up the miles on this old girl before we go. We may even pass 100 grand. And all those miles are from all of the trips we have been blessed to take the past few years. Many conventions, family vacations, and other gettogethers. Many wonderful memories in that (now) beat up old car. I am looking forward to our last road trip in a couple of weeks. The car has gotten smaller as the kids have gotten bigger and we added one, but it is still so cozy and safe feeling when we take one of those long road trips. You know what I mean? Like the kids may be arguing, or the littlest one fussing, but you are just happy you are all together. And watching movies on the laptop was definitely a blessing on the last trip home from Dallas.
We are literally down to suitcases. It is so weird. Our storage bldg is getting fuller. Everything weighed and measured, ready for the boat ride across the gulf. Hard to believe it is so close. So real. We have set up for friends who recently moved to Belize, to pick us up at the airport and we will spend the first night with them and then they will take us to Belmopan. I am thankful. I know the first day will hold all sort of emotions...excitement, relief, sadness, culture shock, you name it. It will be good to spend that first day with someone who recently walked that journey.
This week we will spend time with my parents. I know it is hard for them to see us go. We have been their only family in Katy, and now we are moving. We never thought we would, of course, but we are. I know that leaves a big hole for them already, with us living an hour away. I will miss them too. They have helped us so much. My mom was the only one I trusted, at first, to care for Erika while I worked. She was so careful what she ate, and everything. It is hard to believe how long ago that was now.
Tonight, Josh is building a fire out back. He is so excited. My mother in law bought marshmallows to roast. It is a cold day, so it should be fun. My in laws dont have wi-fi and there are some inconveniences with that, but more blessings. My kids play outside more. I read books and enjoy cooking. I go right to sleep at night, rather than checking my facebook and email all the time. It is good.
Well, my mother in law just made a yummy banana cake, and I am fixing to make tortilla soup for dinner. And yeah, I probably am eating more here too...oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.