I have not posted all week. I have been busy living life and telling everyone Goodbye... It is emotionally draining... It is kind of like in the moment, I hold it together, then I get in the car or in the house and think...I am not going to see that person for at least a year and half...and then it hits me. Or I read a letter they wrote me. Ooh. It is hard to describe. I am in this place where I am seriously ready to go... Then at the same time, can I stay a little longer?
This morning, the FMI team from all over the country/world prayed and had words over us. It was very special. We have all these cheerleaders being our friends and families, as well, rooting us on. Encouraging us. Standing with us as we really, for real, no turning back now, embark on this journey. Every day, we get one more thing accomplished. And then the next day holds its own lists of things to do, then waiting, because we can't do any more of the list until the next day.
One thing I would ask for continued prayer is for clarity of thought, and peace, as we make this transition. Especially on Wednesday. It is hard enough traveling with 3 kids, 15 suitcases, but also a dog???!!!!!???? And it is supposed to be raining here AND there. Doesn't sound too fun. But I know it is my attitude that will make the difference. So pray for me...the mom...cause my attitude will definitely set the tone. And I want it to be good:)
God shows us new things every day. I enjoyed taking Lee to his parents church today, where he works, and just talking to him about what God is showing him and I. Sometimes the bigger picture is a little difficult to see until we are looking backward. Then it becomes so clear. You see His Hand on so many little details. We think we know it all and can figure it out. But we really just need to figure out how to listen. To HIM. Not ourselves, not our flesh. Our flesh gets sooo in the way. I am talking to myself first of all...trust me. I realize this. But when we are in tune, really in tune, with God, our lives just flow. It is so cool.
We shipped all our worldly possessions that we still own (except what we are taking on the plane) yesterday. It is kind of weird. It is one of those things where OK God, please watch our for our stuff, even though we know it is just stuff. Please give us SOMEWHERE really amazing to put all that stuff in like 16 days... And please give us a vehicle to drive around to find somewhere really amazing to put all that stuff:)
We have decided that the whole family will be dieting starting in the next month. Living with my mother in law is yummy...way too yummy. I think it is just all the "oh this will be the last time for a while that we can have this...or that. Or we won't have chickfila in Belize, so, you know" and on and on. Josh is so excited to have reached 100 lbs. I am not sharing in the joy. Neither are any of the adults in this home. But hopefully, we are correct in thinking our life will be healthier in Belize...no fast food, more walking, less driving... It just has to be...
So, back to the goodbyes. It is so crazy. Like we are just hanging with our friends, just like it always was, and then there comes this point in the conversation where we begin to tell each other how special they are or how much we mean to each other. And then it just is so hard to leave. Like last night when we left our youth pastors house. We were all so tired...but just could not leave...and then just had to crack up as their four year yells to us..."Have fun in Belize...speaking Spanish"...well, at least we left on a laugh.
Today has been a day of just getting things done, laundry, cleaning the car, cooking, cleaning up from cooking, school. I took a shower, but no makeup today. I will do that tomorrow. I promise.
I am doing well. My kids seem to be well. Lee seems great. God is amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.