Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Count the Cost

This is just a little snippet today...my conversation with God this morning....

This morning I woke up thinking 3 more weeks.  Why am I not bouncing with joy?  Why is it not all happy and giddy that I feel?  I know I am in God's will.  We have the financial support we need.  We are ready to go.  And I feel this is what God revealed to me.  When we become Christians, we have to die to ourselves, die to our flesh.  Of course, this journey is nothing like people who are being persecuted for their faith or have to live in fear of saying the name of Jesus.  But every day we get closer, every thing I give away, I have to die once again to my flesh.  Every day I get closer to getting on that plane, not for a one week trip, but rather a move, a new life, a new home in Belize, is one step closer to really giving up the luxuries of this life.  Oh, I have counted the cost.  But still I willingly move forward.  Because God's will is awesome.  I like feeling close to Him.  I like seeing His hand evermore on my life.  I really like the PEACE. 

 Let me give you one little example of how God spoils me, His daughter.  We have been needing to get something covered by the warranty fixed on our car.  It has dragged til now they are working on it today.  So they had to give us a loaner.  So, I get to drive this sporty little brand new car to run my errands yesterday today and maybe tomorrow.  It is fun.  But I don't have to pay for it, so that is funner.  See, it is the little things.  The little things that I can acknowledge God spoiling me and loving on me.  Or the starbucks cards people gave me just because recently.  You see, I don't need Starbucks, but what a special fun treat I get to enjoy.

But I am happy and ready to go, but I know the cost.  I know every day won't always be fun...that I will have to find fun a new way.  New things to do that are fun.  New friends.  New ways to stay cool when I am so hot I don't know what I will do.  New ways to laugh as we bump around on the Belizean roads.  New ways to die to my flesh and once again fully surrender my life to Christ, no matter what He asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.