One thing that I truly love about Homeschooling with a Christian Curriculum, is how edifying and spiritually building it is for my children...and today, me.
This morning has been hectic. There are many difficulties of homeschooling, as far as being home and keeping the kids on task, littler one quiet and busy, trying to eliminate outside distractions, while still performing all the things that it takes to keep a home running...add into that not having your own home, so there are more people, not proper work areas, and on and on.
So, yesterday, I took Erika in the morning to go grocery shopping and to purchase a larger suitcase for her at Goodwill, and I must say, we hit the jackpot for little money. Then I came home and my in-laws fed the kids, while I headed to the beauty salon. It took four hours, but I love how I look, so that is good right? But school was pretty much on their own yesterday. Today was a day of catch up, refocusing, and preparing to send everything into Lighthouse Academy, where they are enrolled. Friday is their halfway point for the year.
I feel accomplished. My hair was a big thing I wanted to deal with. It just looked awful, bleached out, only half done, in need of a haircut, etc. So I wanted to try something new and went to my MIL's hairdresser. She made me look gorgeous. My hair is very different, much darker, redder, and STRAIGHT. Yep, she blew this curly hair straight and I really like it. I am going to try it on my own soon, but just left it today from yesterday. I look really different, but I like it. I think I look more grown up:) My other accomplishment was just dealing with all the school stuff, some tax gathering, and medical bills stuff.
Now my in-laws are off with Tori on errands. She got a sewing machine for Christmas, which she has not even opened because it is sealed for shipping. They are buying material for her to keep busy when we move. Erika is resting quietly, watching a movie, and my hunter, Josh, is on the back porch with a BB gun. Only in Texas:)
Back to my opening paragraph. Today has been a day of lots to do, with a busy, bored preschooler on my hands, and two older children (cough, ahem) working very hard. But somehow, we finished before lunch, which Erika helped me make...homemade pizza. And upon cleanup of that, I began to grade all their work I had not gotten to yet.
I was just really blessed, as I checked Josh's English pace. I already knew the content of what he was learning from helping him earlier, but then I saw this poem, that I felt quite relevant to some of my feelings right now:
Alone with Thee
(by a missionary widow to Ecuador right before lost her husband unexpectantly)
Perhaps some future day, Lord, Thy strong hand
Will lead me to the place where I must stand
Utterly alone.
I do not know Thy plan for years to come.
My spirit finds in Thee its perfect home,
Sufficiency
Lord, all my desire is before Thee now;
Lead on--no matter how.
I trust in Thee.
I am at a place of total dependence on Him, not Lee. We lean on each other, but I can't go into this on Lee's faith. It has to be my own. This is my own walk. This is between the Lord and I. Either I trust Him or not?
I have moments of real excitement, mixed with worry of how all the details will go. I have had many different trials, circumstances in my lifetime, where I have had to walk by faith...this is kind of feeling like a big one. I had really thought we would have a home at this point. Maybe ship our car. But neither of those are happening. But it is okay. God is stretching me. I have it so good. I just need to remember that as I walk through these next several weeks.
I would like to post pics of my new "do", but due to lighting, there just aren't any good ones...Surely we will take pics of our trip this weekend...then you will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.