I have so many feelings, that I feel it will be difficult to express them in any order, but I will do my best.
We started the weekend enjoying both DP museums, then relaxing at the hotel, before heading to church Sunday morning in Abilene. This was where we started our marriage. Where we bought our first home. We took a picture, but it is nothing like it used to be, so I don't want to post it here. But this church was such a place of healing for us. We had been in an out of balance church the year before and needed healing before moving on in ministry. Pastor Frank and Ivalene were just the people we needed during that time. It is hard to believe their teen age daughter is actually just two years younger than me, yet we were in such different worlds. I was a newlywed, working and in college, and she was still in high school. I am so thankful for the time of just reconnecting with her this weekend, as our kids played together....hers kind of in the middle of mine agewise. Pastor Frank really took us under his wing, like a father, when we were there. It was such a comfort to me, in a time, of moving, being newly married, being away from everything I knew, and tryig to figure out what it meant to be a wife, go to school, and clean an apartment/home. Being in Abilene this weekend was just a reminder of that time in my life. A good time. A happy time. When the world was before us, and we weren't too wounded yet:) I even felt like, it was if time had stopped, that everything about our relationship way back then, was still the same. Pastor Frank was still going out of his way, just to be a blessing to Lee and I, and now our children. I am very thankful to the spiritual father that he is...
Then we headed to Dallas, but not before hitting the Abilene Zoo, the only place I know of, that you can feed the giraffes directly out of your hand on this tall bridge. I think this is something my kids will never forget. I am so thankful we made this stop.
It had been cold that morning, but warmed up just enough to be a beautiful day at the zoo.
Once we got to Dallas, we were able to spend time with my brother and his wife. They were so kind to host us, as we hung out til Wednesday Service at the Oaks.
Tuesday, we went and visited the group of kids that are attending CFNI from Life Church in Katy. It is always a good time, full of laughing, yet seeing how God is using these young people. How awesome for their lives to be surrended to God and whatever He wants for their lives. Here we are eating at a restaurant...I really felt like we were in Belize...so cool....yeah, except for that...it wasn't hot:)
| erika is blocking me, but i am okay with that:) |
| Courtney provided the kid care for the day...hope she wasn't too tired for her real job after that. |
| My brother's wife with the girls...she made us feel so welcome and loved while we were there. I am so thankful for my new sister... |
Okay, the last thing about this trip I want to share is just my thoughts from last night...so many. First of all, we met for a little while with the Pastor. He was my youth pastor, when I was in High School, and someone I really looked up to. Pastor Scott challenged me in ways spiritually that I can never explain. He taught me so much and expected much from me. He always spoke life over me, that God had big plans for me, so that I needed to make decisions so God could use me. I was called into the ministry in a youth service there, before I ever met my husband. I was challenged not to date, unless it was a godly man who I would consider marrying...thus was saved great heartbreak my teenage years. I only dated and married and loved one man, because of that challenge. God literally brought my husband to where I was...the church I worshipped. Being there last night, reminded me of all of this. And how, when Lee proposed, I knew there was only one person that I would want to do our wedding. So, Pastor Scott did it...and it was an amazing, annointed wedding of a sending off of sorts into a life a ministry. We were the first of probably hundreds of weddings he has done. What an honor to get to hang with him for a little while, as now he is pastor of a very large, very busy congregation. And what an honor that he would allow us to share about our missions trip.
Lee did a great job. I was proud of him, as I always am. Lee is an excellent communicator. I appreciate that gifting in him. I feel I could never speak in front of people like he does, yet realize that I must be open to whatever the Lord has for me, and never put myself in a box. Anyway, after he spoke, they brought our whole family forward and laid hands on us, as a sort of sending out...it is two weeks from yesterday that we leave...I really was not expecting how emotional that would be for me. Most of the people I know from 20 years ago are not even there anymore, but I felt such love and sincerity from the people. We did have some people from the congregation in Katy there, and I knew a couple of people, but it was amazing how powerful this prayer time was for me. I just wept as they prayed. Then we moved into a time of the Word and another staff pastor shared on giving it up to follow Christ...it was so relevant to what we are walking through. After that, we had a time of personal prayer, and the lady who helps Pastor Scott came and prayed with me...it was just such a special time with the Lord for me last night. I really do not even know how to express. It was like, Okay, here we go. We are ready. We have been obedient, and God is in all the details. And I just felt, more than ever before, God just telling me, that He has good plans for my family, just to rest in Him. Trust Him. That He is going to use my children, and we are just to follow what He is doing there. That He has a home for us, and just not to worry. It is just so amazing, and I already know, but to be reminded of what a personal God we serve who loves us so much. And what peace comes from walking in His will. Really trusting Him.
We went to Chili's after ward with the crew from CFNI and this precious girl paid for our meal. We did not even know until she was gone and we asked for our bill. God is amazing...and our provider. We got in the car at 11 pm for the 4 hour ride home. I was tired, but I could tell Lee was really tired. I stopped and got a coffee and drove the ride home, listening to everyone sleeping, while I just worshipped. I had such a special time with the Lord last night. It was just a great refocusing of all these details of moving to another country...and all the feelings I have about that. Just a time of refocusing on why we are doing this. And a reminder of how personal our God is.
So we prepare to go to Life Church this Sunday, for our farewell service. I know there will be many tears, as there are so many people I love deeply there.
Ending, this is the scripture that I just feel is so relevant for me today...
Isaiah 43
“ Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
3 For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I gave Egypt for your ransom,
Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
4 Since you were precious in My sight,
You have been honored,
And I have loved you;
So, today, I am feeling ready, ready for journey ahead....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.