Today, we celebrated 100 day. It was really fun and I think I will do it next year for First Grade. There were some things that were still a little challenging for Erika this year. And it was a nice break from the routine of the regular curricullum.
She had fun making crafts, and counting, over and over. We practiced counting by 2's, 5's and 10's. She did exercises in 10's until she got to 100. Josh and Tori helped a little too and were a little jealous that they had to take tests and do their regular work while Erika had fun at school. But they had their day to be in kindergarten and have 100 day... Josh's was 10 years ago. Okay, that makes me tear up a little.
We had a late night last night and will have another one tonight with Wini getting baptized, then celebrating her bday afterward. So Lee and Erika are napping now. 100 day was actually much more exhausting for her than her regular school.
Thought I would show a few of the fun things we did...
 |
| 100 stars on "100" sunglasses |
 |
| counting 100 mini marshmallows (and yes, eating them too:)) |
 |
| 100 butterfly and heart sequins to make a pretty cross |
 |
| 100 paper clip necklace that is MUCH taller than Erika |
 |
| a rainbow of fruit loops...she did amazing on this...unfortunately the Crazy Ants thought so too so we cannot keep this one... |
 |
| 100 toothpicks makes a nice pointy hat like a porcupine |
So, it was a fun day. Feel free to copy or add to any of these ideas. I will actually try to incorporate more manipulatives into our regular Math, because she loved it. And loving school makes it a lot more fun:)
I will send her some Math manipulatives....DO you have certain ones? I will email you!
ReplyDelete