There is this love/hate relationship with the rain going on here in Belize.
When it rains, you don't want to get out of bed in the morning...
When it rains, it is peaceful and soothing...
When it rains, the temps are beautiful... Its been in the 70s all day!!!
But then, there are some negatives....
Like my house is clean right now...but it will not stay that way, with muddy feet, 40 pairs of them, coming over tonight.
Like the four loads of laundry that I washed and hung this morning...dripping.
(I am blessed because I have a dryer...but don't want to go in the muddy yard to retrieve them...)
Like trying to run errands for our residency today...in the rain. And everything is not nice and paved here...so you trompse through huge mud-holes to get where you are going. Fun for Erika, but not so much for me.
Yesterday we had a pretty intense rainstorm. So after it was finished, I had the bright idea for the girls and I to take a walk. It was nice and cool, although there were lots of mud puddles that Erika caught every single one of them:)
Can you see Stormi? Of course not, she is hiding in her house in the shed...to stay dry. Maybe we will see her when she gets hungry:)
No sitting out on the front porch watching the kids walk by today...even our chairs on both porches are drenched...cause it is raining HARD today!!!
Thought you might enjoy the random floating little pink Croc...
No swinging or playing with the bunnies today. Its okay, they are nice and snuggled together out there and Tori has fed and watered them before the rain started...
it was not raining when I put these out today...but since it has for the last 392 days...I should have known better...
Happy 1st Year Anniversary in Belize to Us....I think its gonna be a wet one....
Davida told last night that Alyssa is in charge of fixing breakfast while in Guatemala. She has to wash the fruit in bleach, then soapy water, then bleach again before cutting into it. This prevents parasites. I wonder if maybe we should wash our fruit better since so much comes from other countries now.
ReplyDeleteWe've had alot of rain lately also. We are still in a drought and some places in Texas have actually run out of drinking water and are having to have it trucked in but we seem to be fine here. Tricia