Last year on Valentine's Day, we had just arrived in Belmopan, just moved into an apartment, were dealing with just learning how to live in this new country. Figuring out when our shipment from the states was coming, where it would go...so many details. So much newness. There was not time to worry about making cute cards with the kids...in fact, I did not have any of my stuff at that point...we were still living out of suitcases (remember the year of living in suitcases:)).
So, this year, I was happy to pick up a little special candy for the family, and make valentines with Erika and Tori. There is a story there, too. Lee had a meeting at Bullfrog that night with the Foursquare ministers, so the girls and I had all our crafty supplies all over the kitchen table, the house was kind of a mess, we were in our jammies...just enjoying a quiet evening...when Lee called. They couldn't meet at Bullfrog...so they were coming here....NOW. Oh my, talk about kicking into overdrive...all the kids and I hurriedly starting picking up, sweeping, wiping down the bathroom, etc... But then we finished making them in our bedroom. I am thankful we have a large bedroom with a tile floor.
Valentines Day, I was given a very special gift from a friend, Francine, and her church in California. She will be conducting a Bible Study on Biblical Womanhood via conference over the Internet. So, I get to participate. Just in time, I received the three books on Friday. I am so enjoying this study, even though I am only on the third lesson. So, Tuesdays, I will meet with women in California and Texas, and we will discuss what God is showing us. And potentially, I may eventually be able to do this here with the women in Belize. Tori will join us on the third book, which is on Purity. I feel very blessed that they would want to include me and minister to me in this way.
So, for Valentine's Day, we enjoyed a bag of conversation hearts...
Erika enjoyed waking up that morning to candy lying beside her bed. Good day to start her morning...she was so happy...
Lee and I snuck away for a much needed kid-free lunch...it was so nice and QUIET...
My Valentine of 20+ years...I love him:)
Josh and I spent some of the afternoon playing Phase 10...nice to have time with just him...
That evening, we had a special dinner and then played Chicken Foot....I know I look horrible...but Valentines Day is still a real life day of laundry, dishes, homeschool...and by the end of the hot sweaty day, this is what you get:) (Dont worry, I dressed up for our lunch date).
My Goofy family did not want pictures...but I know the grandmas still like to see us in all our silliness...
And Lee, who would have rather played Risk or Monopoly, ended up really enjoying Chicken Foot, which is good, because it was something Erika could play too...
Some have referred to Valentines Day as Singles Awareness Day. I am reminded today of how blessed I am to have an amazing husband and three children that bring joy and laughter into my life. Valentines should not be about spending a lot of money...but about spending time with those you love. Because spending time is more valuable than anything. Sure, Lee and I both had a million things we could have been doing last night, but one day our kids will be grown up and gone...we must enjoy them now. And each other as well.
Hope you had a special day with the people in your life you love:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.