Saturday, February 4, 2012

Wow, what a morning

Two blogs in one day...sorry...

This morning, after breakfast, we headed to pick up our shipment from Lee's family and a family in Lee's moms church.  We have been waiting and waiting, knowing they were coming.  But today was the day:)

As we were driving, I just kind of thought about how my perspective has changed since living here a year.  When we first moved here, I would fervently pray for protection on the highways, especially around some spots, like "Dead Man's Curve".  Lee said they save a lot of money not have a wall there to keep the cars from going over...they never have to repair the wall that way.  UGH...

Anyway, I realized how much more relaxed I am now on these highways...it is my way of life.  And how I love the rides...it just doesn't take that much to entertain me now.  It is the simple things like a nice drive with my whole family, just enjoying the beautiful day.

The other thing I noticed is that things that used to be different or strange compared to the US, no longer phase me.  Like the Mennonite buggy we passed.  Just a way of life.  Homes that noone could possibly live in...now I know people who live in homes like that...that are my friends.  I see things differently now.







We got to the store and one box was still on the truck...so we waited and waited and finally they let Lee and Josh go on the truck and get it....


loaded up and headed home with three happy kids



this may just look like groceries to you...but you have no idea...what a blessing to get all these special things!!!  Even a case of Dr. Pepper.



The kids had so much fun (and so did we) opening all the gifts...Erika was the last...slowest, opening and savoring each gift.  She was so thankful for her own special toothpaste, toothbrushes and sanitizers...it was so cute...




her reaction upon her last gift...a desperately wanted Laptop like the big kids...
She said, I knew it...I just knew my memaw would get me a laptop:)


and I have soooo much reading to do now...cannot wait...they all look so good, dont know which one to start first


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.