Saturday, September 14, 2013

Feeling Content

There is this peace that comes in the Christian walk, when you know you are doing what God wants you to do.  When you are seeing Him use in a way that is blessing someone else.  And there is this joy that comes when you are spending your life giving rather than receiving.

This morning, I woke up, put some finishing touches of preparation for our time at the Children's Home.  I will not have pictures to protect their privacy.  But I will try to describe with my words what goes on.

Today, I had decided, would be a Game Day.  But as I was getting ready, the Lord told me to share the first lesson from the Bible study I am doing.  So quickly, I figured out some music...because I LOVE MUSIC and believe it speaks what I cannot.  And refreshed myself what was in the lesson...it was perfect for ministering to the girls:)

The girls and I loaded the car.  These two daughters of mine are just as much in this ministry to the girls as I am.  I love that.  We prayed on the short drive over.  As we pulled up to the home, there were little hands waving out the front windows, willing us to quickly get inside.

We walked out to the back patio and I got some things set up.  The girls love the music too...they often ask me to replay songs for them.  Oh, and they love Nichole C Mullen's music:)  I ministered on the fruit of the spirit, Love.  And loving when we don't want to, to the unlovable.  After the ministry time, I pulled out Rice Krispie Treats that Tori and I made last night.  They were a hit...and I should have made way more:)  I love how the simple things bless them and they thank us a million times for coming and just being with them.

We then went into a get to know you game.  It was more for me.  A way to get the girls to talk about themselves.  A few opted out and I didn't force them.

But one girl, a young mother, who also attends our Net Group, gave her life to Christ this week during small group time.  She said she had done it with her mouth before but that now she wanted to do it from her heart.  It was so genuine and so precious.  And I am so honored to get to be a part of seeing God do so much in her right now.  I have seen it over the past few weeks and now she was ready to fully commit.  It was beautiful.

Well, the girls stood up and read a question and answered it.  One of hers was what was the best thing that ever happened to you.  She has a sweet baby and I and everyone else thought she would say that, but no, she, through tears, said Thursday night was the best thing that ever happened for me.  It choked me up.  And it reminded me of why God has called us to go there every week.  I am going there, to build relationships with the girls, to love on them.  Just to be there for them. And Tori, as well.  They all love my girls.  The little girls like playing with Erika and the big girls feel that Tori is someone safe to talk to their own age.

After that, we played some more large group games and twisted a million cool things out of pipecleaners.  These girls are so creative.  But mostly, we just had fun together.  We had a little time of dancing...they love the music, remember, to some upbeat Christian music.

After a few hours, I knew I had hungry men waiting on me at home, so needed to leave.

I love these girls.  I love the relationships that are being put together.  I love holding the sweet little ones and reading stories.  They were so excited I brought books to read them. I love just hanging with these precious girls.

When I came home and reflected, I realized how content, how easy this has been for me.  How God has given me ideas and it all has just worked out so well.  Because He told Tori and I to go.  We were simply obedient.  And now, we are having the time of our life.  I cannot think of a better way to spend my Saturday morning:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.