You notice I do not tell the rain to go away. We have had so many tropical depressions this summer, it seems that it has rained endlessly.
The good things about the rain: temps are more comfortable, you actually like baking 60 cinnamon rolls with your daughter, watching movies and reading books are fun, you actually drink your coffee and tea hot.
Negatives about the rain: nothing dries!!!, you have to use the dryer which costs a lot, but the clothes literally will not dry if you don't. MUD, mud, mud everywhere, you can't get your lawn cut because it is too wet, and bugs...my legs are absolutely COVERED in bug bites, even though I wear bug spray like its perfume. There is a lot of flooding around too, which, thankfully we are not flooded. And this is Parade Season, so rain and parades don't mix. But they still did the parade yesterday in the pouring down rain. We drove down in our car and watched the end of it.
But we have literally had such a rainy season this year. We have to deal with things like mildew on our clothes, our towels from our showers don't dry well in between showers so I have to wash and dry them more. Everything is damp, even paper. Its so weird when your house is open all the time like this. The humidity is so thick. Even sometimes my dishes don't dry well, even overnight.
I am enjoying the coolness of the rain, though. It is refreshing and a nice change. There are still times of getting sweaty, but this morning is just beautiful. Well, depending on your perspective:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.