Friday, January 21, 2011

The Blessings of God

Lately, I have just been blessed left and right...its crazy.

I'm just overwhelmed with how God is just showing me He loves me by sweetly loving on me through the people around me.

A couple weeks ago, a young college student friend blessed me with these Adidas tennis shoes.  They are not what I would normally buy, but I LOVE THEM.  I wear them all the time.  It is like I am morphing into a different, more active person in them...preparing for a more walking lifestyle in Belize.   Not the dressier heels or flats I would normally wear.  Then tonight we had dinner with friends and at the end, we were talking about how cute her shoes were...Tori had just bought some similar ones with her Christmas money...and I thought how comfy they seemed.  My friend slipped them off and said they are too big for me and my daughter, what size do you wear?  Oh well, try them on...and next thing I knew, I was walking out the door with these totally comfy WALKING SHOES.  I did not pray for, ask God for, need, these shoes...God just blessed me.  Because like I want to bless my kids and make sure they have everything they need, even before they ask...God is making sure I have good shoes to walk in as I move to a nation where walking will be what I do.

Some other things that we have  been blessed with lately...someone gave us a cot when we were about to go out and purchase one, someone, or a few someones have taken us or paid for our meals...sometimes we didn't even know til they were gone, we have enjoyed many gift cards these last weeks here in America, the lady who did my hair a couple of weeks ago did not fully charge me for her services, but rather blessed me for part of it, and of course, many people are pouring into us financially as we prepare to go to Belize.  Today I was given favor at a store that there was a two week wait for a service I needed and when I said, oh, well, then I cannot do that because I do not have time...they did it for me immediately and blessed me as we headed to Belize.  When Erika and I went shopping today, we pulled into a front row parking spot at a place that just doesn't happen...and a huge miracle of healing.  I had begun to get a migraine today and Erika and I prayed for healing as we got into the car...the huge migraine never came.  And that has never happened before.  Usually I am bound to bed for several hours of very intense pain and nausea.  But today I just had a dull headache for a couple of hours that went away...

I am not saying everything goes my way all the time.  Just the last few weeks, I have just really felt God's hand in a very real way.  It is cool and I just want to acknowledge and give thanks to Him.  It is as if He is saying I love you and just want to show you.  And I want to tell you that I love Him too.  And am so thankful to have Him on my side.  That He is for me, not against me.

Have an amazing evening and spend some time with your Creator...He is pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.