Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just a typical Wednesday

This morning, we started out with a family Bible study time.  Lee had challenged the kids to learn the books of the Old Testament.  He gave them a monetary incentive and Tori got an extra incentive to teach Erika.  And she was successful.  I taped Tori too, but it did not turn out...and did not get the camera rolling quick enough...but watch Erika.  We are so proud for her to learn these being only 4 years old.

And they were all excited to receive their reward as well.  Next week's challenge: learn the books of the New Testament.

Erika knows the books of the OLD TESTAMENT

Then we worked on school and household chores.  We are very excited that Lee's parents will be here the day after tomorrow.

Today was very HOT again.  That makes living a little slow.  Because when it is soooo hot, you just dont feel like doing much.  Everyone is telling me it is unusually hot...whew.  I am ready for some relief.

Lee had planned this week to take me out tonight.   And it was such a blessing.  I made hot dogs for the kids and they cleaned up while I showered and got ready.  We went to a little Italian restaurant that had been recommended to us.  It was very nice.  It was awesome to sit in air conditioning, with no kids.  Just very relaxing.  And nice to know that the kids are big enough to help with their little sister.


front table...just shows niceness of restaurant

le menu

my hungry date...he got a steak, of course

my food...the portions were huge, so I brought half home to the kids...they enjoyed it.


This was Lee and my first time out alone since arriving in Belize on February 2.  I must say it was long overdue.  But I enjoyed the short, but sweet time of just being with my husband.  Of course, the air conditioning and someone else cooking was nice, but it was nice to just be able to have uninterrupted conversation.  We were welcomed home by our crew, and I am so thankful for each one of them.  We are also thankful for our sweet waitress.  We invited her to come on Sunday.  Praying she will.

The next few weeks will be full of visitors, which we are so excited about.  I will try to keep you updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.