Saturday, May 7, 2011

Style Show

I really enjoyed the style show last night.

For those on Facebook, you have already seen my pictures, but I will put them up anyway:)

All of us girls spent time showering, doing our nails and hair and makeup to be beautiful for the show.   That part was a lot of fun, but a reminder that we have no air conditioning too...hard to get ready when you are sweating, but we did manage somehow.


They gave Erika cookies to give me for Mother's Day:)


Last night was very enjoyable and relaxing.  Having a four year old, it is still iffy if I should take her to something like this.  But she was awesome.  She loved every  minute of it and  let me cuddle her.  She sat on my lap until about 3/4 of the way through, when her "friend" Maggie danced.  She wanted to go up front to watch.  So sweet.  She is fascinated by dancing.  Just as long as we can keep the dancing godly.  I am thankful for her to be taking ballet at a Christian dance studio.  But I just really enjoyed the girls. 

The clothes were all beautiful.  She handmakes each item and it is made to fit the person who orders them.  This may be a nice birthday gift in the future for my girls.  The clothes are pretty reasonably priced and most were modest.

I am thankful that we had something fun to do last night.  Entertainment is sometimes hard to find here in Belmopan.  And last night was just a wholesome, fun evening, that I was not worried what I was taking the girls to.  And Lee and Josh had a good night as father and son having the house to themselves.

It is still hard being the new person.  I know a few people, but not many.  I was thankful that one of my friends and her little girl came.  So we were not just by ourselves.

And I ended the night coming home and chatting with one of my friends on Facebook.  We stayed up late as the kids watched Narnia.  Erika could barely hold her little eyes open as I finally laid her in bed.

It has been a  nice Mother's Day weekend.  Lee and the little girls just brought me a coke and chocolate...nice gift.  And we will go out for lunch tomorrow at a nice restaurant...two blessings...I dont have to cook and I get to eat a yummy lunch:)

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mothers (most of my readers) and especially to my mother and mother-in-law.  I am a blessed by godly examples that go before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.