Somehow having family here made the heat a little more bearable, hanging my clothes a little more fun...and the going out to eat was not bad either. Now back to real life though:)
Something really neat is how much of an impression our family made on Belize. Last night, one of the ladies brought by some food she made for them, and today, one of our young couples brought a gift, a picture of their family, so Howard and Tricia would remember them, and the sweetest card. My mother in law cried as she read it to me. And they were awesome grandparents to adopt and bless Winnie as one of their own. And she felt it.
But having such a great time made the goodbye so painful. It came so fast. We enjoyed one last coke together before we said our goodbyes. I did not cry too much there, but when we got in the car, we began listening to music. I was okay until Kim Walker's
I Surrender came on. Then I just couldn't hold back the tears. Please understand me. It is worth it. God has us here...and shows us over and over. But there are sacrifices. I do not get to see my family. And that is hard. It makes our times with them sweeter and more special, but after living close to family for the past ten years, it is hard.
I am so thankful, though, that our family could come and see us, and bless us. They blessed us over and over. And even just times of just being with them...all were so precious. And for them to get to experience, really experience our lives here...all of it.
Now, we prepare for the School of Ministry from the church we used to pastor, Life Church in Katy, to come this weekend. And I will soak up my time with them...and enjoy every second.
The enemy fought our family hard last night...which always means God is about to have a breakthrough. I do not know what it is yet, but wait expectantly. He is moving in amazing ways, and we get to be along for the ride.
And I am thankful for the pupose He has for our family here in Belize.
And thankful for the time we had with Lee's parents:) Even if it did go by way too fast.
| one last out to eat at Spanish Lookout |
| so thankful for these two |
| erika loved the slide on the side of the porch |
| way overpriced coke at the airport...trying to soak up our last little time with them... |
:) just sending you some love.
ReplyDelete