Thursday, May 5, 2011

Whats Going on Today

I am sitting on my bed while a sweet little four year old naps.  I am so thankful she still naps:)

Today, Winnie went back to school after 2 1/2 weeks off for Spring Break.  It is good for all of us to have some structure back.

Josh and Tori worked on Homeschool.  They are in the final two and a half weeks.  YEAH!!!  Tori took a Math test.  She has just one Math pace left for the year.  Josh has one Science and one Spanish.  They are so close.  Today, I prepared all their info to reenroll for next year and to enroll Erika, and to once again apply for the Missions Scholarship.  That is such a blessing.  It helps so much.

Today was Victoria's first piano lesson.  One of the ladies from YWAM, also over the ballet studio, will teach her.  She came here as a missionary from Canada, fell in love and now they have two beautiful little girls.  The oldest will be in ballet class with Erika.  It was nice to get Tori started in piano again.

As I was driving her there today, I had this surreal moment, "Wow, we live in Belize.   Wow, we live in a foreign country."  Every once in a while it hits me.

It seems that our errands are neverending here.  Tuesday, we drove all the way to San Ignacio to pick up Lee's worker's permit.  Yesterday, we filled out forms and got more passport pictures of the kids and I.  Today, Lee went and made us all his dependants at the Passport office.  The next step is for Lee and I to get our drivers' licenses.  He is currently at the hospital getting a physical.  I will just get mine the next time I go to the doctor in a month.

Today, as I was hanging out laundry, I decided to change my attitude about it.  To see the positives:  My arms are getting strong, and tan.  And the fresh air has got to be good for me.  We are saving a ton of money.  I rarely use the dryer...maybe once every two weeks if I have too many towels or sheets.  And Erika's swing is right by the clothesline, so as I finish, it is fun for her and me to go and play on the swing for a little while.   And then go gather some limes (MMM...so juicy) off our tree, and maybe some guava before coming back inside.

I think the thing is that I have told myself "I am not an outside person" for so long, that I began to believe it.  I was always outside as a child.  And Erika loves to be outside.  It is her favorite place to be.  But now that I don't wear makeup anymore (except Sunday) and I am going to sweat inside anyway, outside is more appealing than it used to be.  It is breezier.  And I live in a beautiful country.  All the beautiful trees and flowers.  Lee just bought some nice wooden chairs for our porch.  So now I can go out and relax a little.  While Erika swings or rides her bike.

Tonight we will have our second discipleship meeting here at the house.  Just four kids.  But that is good, so we can really pour into them.  It has been a tough week in a sense, so I am looking forward to gathering with them.  Refocusing them.  Agriculture just brings all sorts of stuff with it.  And some of it, was getting their focus off of God for a few days...

Last night we watched Soul Surfer.  It was really good.  But I must say, I do miss the theatre.  That would have been a good movie to see in a theatre.  Instead, we could see someone's head in the movie. Yep, thats what we get here:)  It is a blessing that we can watch movies cheap though.  It is a blessing too that we are able to actually get quite a few pretty good family movies at the market.  Since we do not have TV, we watch a lot of movies now.  But our house is also a lot quieter.  I like to put on worship DVDs as I cook dinner. 

We have had little spurts of rain, nothing significant, but we are always so thankful for the rain.  It seems to cool things down so nicely.

Tomorrow night, I am taking the girls to a fashion show.  We will get all dressed up.  It will be fun.  One of the artists is another missionary's daughter (the one who is Erika's ballet teacher).  She designs and makes all her own clothes.  And they are beautiful.  Looking forward to a fun, girly night with the three girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.