Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Being Twelve

Sometimes I have to remind myself that Tori is only twelve, soon to be thirteen.  She has grown up so much, especially this past year.  She is surrounded by older teens, and I think she is especially mature for her age.  She reminds me a lot of myself at her age.

Tori is very creative, loves clothes and is great with kids.  She is a blessing in our home.

Her life is similar to mine too.  When I was her age, my family sold everything and moved to another country, too:)  We moved from upstate New York to inner city Dallas...an entirely different country, where they talked different, and everything about my life changed too.  I moved away from all my friends and family and all I knew.

And this is the case for Tori too. 

So, today, she entertained her little sister and friend all morning...then I rewarded her.

We went shopping first to stock up on non-perishables in the case we do get a hurricane...if  not, then I just got a lot of groceries...

Second, she has been bugging me to make a flour sack baby, like the girls in public school do.  I have not really wanted to do it and thought it was a little silly, because I think the purpose is to teach kids about taking care of a baby...and didnt feel she needed that.  But then thought, why not?  The funny thing is that I do not buy flour in paper sacks, but in plastic bags.  But we found one...a flour sack of whole wheat flour.  And Tori came home and decorated her baby and has been taking care of it ever since.  Well, she is happy.

The other thing she has wanted to do is go to Perk Up.  So, just Tori and I went.  It was nice.   There were a few tears over missing her BFF, Emily.  But the rest of the time was great.  I love my daughter so much.  And I am so thankful for her...so thankful.  She brings such joy and in this time of us finding new friends and everything being unfamiliar, I just love that we are so close.



our girl date to Perk Up

Avya Joy, Tori's flour baby


We came home and had a winner of a meal.  Beef shisk kabobs and potato wedges.  I love when a meal I make turns out:)
Beef--Its whats for dinner


Next week, I will take Josh somewhere special and spend some time with him...

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear about her, she is certainly growing up into a lovely young lady and I wish I could know her. You are a great mom, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.