29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31
Ever since Erika got hurt a couple of weeks ago, I feel so tense...that she will get hurt again or reinjure her foot. Tonight, as she jumped around and played, I realized I was holding my breath, afraid she would get hurt. It is so silly...and I wish I would just relax.
Then, the Lord reminded me of the above scripture. Erika is worth more than the sparrows, and God values her health and safety. He wants me to place my FULL trust in Him. After all, if all I do is worry and worry, what separates me from those who do not have a relationship with Christ. We waste so much energy and time thinking of worst case scenarios.
There are so many things that we can waste our time worrying about. I believe it is a tool of the enemy. To hold us back from what God has for us. To keep us locked up in fear.
Life is a risk, but God is with us, with our family, every step of the way. All we have to do is call on Him. There is such power in the Name of Jesus.
Erika has commented several times that I pray more here in Belize. Out loud:) Well, for one, we are together more here, so she hears me pray more. But I truly do NEED to call upon Jesus more here. There are more things that are just not "as safe" as America. Especially the roads. There are less people, but very bad drivers!!! And very curvy roads with no lights at times...and no center stripes on the roads....and people and bikes with no reflective gear. And this is just one example of needing to sit back and relax, using wisdom of course, but to TRUST IN HIM.
So, just as Jesus reminded me tonight, I am reminding you...He cares for you. Trust Him. He wants the best for you. Have a blessed evening.
I agree. ;)
ReplyDelete