Right now, I am wiped. I am very tired, but a happy sort of tired.
This morning was so great at LifeNet. The worship was great. Erika was so good, even though I made her stay in service with us. And we had 6 new people, which was good since a lot of our regular people were not there.
This weekend, we finally met our new neighbor across the street. He is a sort of medical missionary, but only lives here part time. And he is from Texas...so that is cool:) He came to church this morning and brought a family who lives here temporarily. We had them over for lunch. It was really nice. Conversation flowed easily and found that we had a lot in common, besides the fact that they are Americans. It is amazing to me how many Americans live in Belize and especially Belmopan. It was refreshing for me to just get to enjoy their fellowship. And Erika loved playing with their little boy.
We took Erika back to the Dr. yesterday. At this point, her stitches will stay in until Wednesday...and no walking until then. It is so hard for her and Me. She doesn't want to stay put, and it is hard for me...her constantly calling me to carry her here and there. So I kept her with me in service this morning. I felt it might get too crazy in the room with the kids and she doesn't always listen to her sister. But thankfully, she was very good in service.
Our little LifeNet is still small in numbers, but I love how God is binding us together and growing us. We were definitely thankful for visitors this morning and are expecting growth to start happening more as we enter September. Everyone is just out of town all the time now...
When Lee leaned over and asked about inviting a family to dinner this morning, I am embarassed to say I had to think about it. I am tired, caring for Erika, and always feel my house isnt clean enough, etc. But I am always thankful once the company comes and we sit down and eat together. I love every minute of the fellowship and hope they did too. And I wish that would be my first thought and I would not think twice about having people over. After all, isn't that part of the reason we are here? To open up our home? And we do open up our home alot...so I shouldn't think twice.
Now, I have nothing more tonight and am thankful. We will have school tomorrow (just for Erika...the older kids will take Mondays off). And then the Foursquare pastors have a meeting here tomorrow night, so Tori and I will bake something yummy for them.
Have a great Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.