Sunday, August 21, 2011

Intense Weekend:)

Honestly, I am totally exhausted right now...my back hurts a little and my legs are achy...that means I am tired...and over 35:)

But I want to blog now while my heart is full.  Tomorrow will hold its own busy-ness as well, so it is better for me to do it now.  I have several loads of laundry waiting for me and of course, Erika will have homeschool.

Yesterday, the hurricane didn't end up being much for us except a LOT of rain...our yard flooded but quickly receded as well.  So, it was a just a day of baking for me, preparing for the barbecue tonight.  And visiting with different people from the church, stopping by to drop off their chicken.  We are thankful the Lord protected us.

front yard

Promise overseeing the water draining out of the gate


Backyard


This morning at LifeNet was our biggest attendance, with the exception of when the Life Church team was here.  We had 30 people.  The room was comfortably full.  And when it is fuller, people enter in more to worship.  It was the first week to have 3 people on the worship team as well.  So that was nice.  Our helper for nursery was back and that was a blessing to Tori.  The kids had a great time and decorated swords representing "the Name of Jesus" and the "Word of His Testimony".  It was a fun day for all.

We came home and had a quick lunch of sandwiches, so we could prepare for the BBQ tonight.  The house desperately needed to be cleaned...because yesterday brought in a lot of dirt, etc.  And Tori and I made No bake cookies to add to the brownies and snickerdoodles we had already made.  Josh helped make LOTS of drinks...and we went through most of them.

Jesse came an hour early, with all the meat marinated and made his special BBQ sauce...and began to grill LOTS AND LOTS of Chicken.  MMMM.  It was so good.  He did a great job.  I know he is exhausted tonight as he had a busy weekend chasing the news story of the Hurricane this weekend too.

Many people brought people in their "OIKOS" tonight--something we have been teaching on.  It was neat to see it lived out.  People brought their grown children, nephews, parents, grandparents.  It was truly beautiful to see.

Such a blessing and an awesome night of fellowship.  This group is definitely becoming family.  It is neat to see God do that.

And I even got a little holding of our newest member in...and yes, he is Heaven...so precious.

The kids all had a great time playing.  The big kids played "American Football" in the street, and the adults had a great time just fellowshipping and getting to know each other better.

My house is semi back in order.   But it is the kind of mess that makes my heart smile.  To have had a full house of people that we love...so fun.


I brought out the camera while everyone was eating...cause they were all happy:)


I love these precious kiddoes...they will be going back to the city now that summer is over...we will miss them.


Erika had too much fun tonight...we finally had to force her to sit and watch a movie, because she was overdoing it on her foot...she loves all the kids so much.


Can you believe this lady just had a baby three weeks ago???  He is precious and God put him in the most loving family.  I love watching them parent...this is one loved baby.  By me too:)


Love these kids...great kids.


Jesse, thank you for working so hard to serve all of us the best dinnner ever.



And now, I must rest.  Good night.

1 comment:

  1. It looked like you all were having so much fun. A good crowd. Getting people together like that makes them feel comfortable and more willing to come to church with people they already know.

    That chicken looks so good. Tell him he did a great job.

    Love, Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.