Anyway, last night, Lee had a skype and so the kids and I were just sitting around about to watch a movie. And one thing after another happened, that I was laughing so hard, I thought my stomach would burst...yes, all three are just like their father. So my home is filled with joy and laughter and sometimes screaming when Josh irritates the girls...or Lee!!!
So, here is a glimpse into our evening:
I needed to take a girl to see our newest baby in the church last night, and it happened that the time she suggested was 6 pm...kind of hard because it fell right at dinner or dinner prep time...so like any wife would do, I begged Lee if we could just order a pizza???
We came home from the house around 7 to find a very large tarantula climbing by our front door. Lee may like them, but Tori and I dont. So we ran inside the side door very quickly...but the running joke all night was, 'SHHH, Be still, there is something crawling on your back..'.and in our paranoia, we fell for it several times...WE DONT LIKE TARANTULAS!!!!
Then, as we picked a movie, we decided to watch ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE, one of our old VHS movies. But when Tori pulled it out to play it, it was actually THE GRNICH WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS, which I think we sold at a garage sale. We busted out laughing thinking about the person who got home to play the Grinch and found Jimmy Stewart instead...
In true "father like son" behavoir, Josh decided to play a prank on Lee. Someone sent these candies he LOVES that look like berries. Well, Josh poured them into another bag and hid them...while filling the candy bag with real berries from our tree outside...that are pretty sour, not so sweet like the candy. The prank didnt go off quite like we hoped, but it was funny planning it...Josh kept telling me "Mom, you just have to leave the room...you will blow it...you will laugh and blow it..leave the room..." Making me laugh all the more...
So, the laughter was just beginning and Erika says to Tori, "Sometimes after you go to sleep at night, I try on your bra..." If you know Erika, and how tiny she is, now you know why we were falling off the couch laughing at this point, then Josh picks up her doll that has eyes that open and shut...and one is stuck shut making it very creepy, like the doll on TOY STORY 3...I'm laughing and say "fix her eye, it is creepy" to which Erika responds..."It cant be fixed. I put clear nail polish on it and is stuck shut". That was it for me...I was rolling at this point. Sometimes you just have to laugh. Erika is totally different than my other two children. Neither one of them ever cut their hair...Erika has. Neither one of them ever wrote on, or put nail polish on, one of their toys...Erika has. All the things that I always heard other parents deal with, but just never did, I have now. I knew what I was getting into, when Erika first came to live with us, and I was washing dishes or something and thought she was playing good...nice and quiet, but she had snuck into my bathroom and was putting on my makeup!!!. I bought childproof locks for the doors..but they were not Erika proof. I put things up, she found whatever she could to climb up!!! I knew right from the beginning, that there would be more challenges, but there are also more laughs too. So, now we have a creepy baby doll with one eye nail polished shut!!!
Today, Erika has a friend from church over. Tori is being the hostess with the mostest...what a blessing. So far this morning, while I ran to the grocery store real quick, she played barbies with them, dressed them as princesses, served them tea, now they are working on a craft from the paper plate book. I am thankful Erika has such a sweet friend to spend the day with. And that her sister is such a crafty girl:)
| Two real life dolls |
| ready for tea |
| cheers |
Tori is such an awesome big sister. I'm so proud of her. It looks like the girls had a great day. Is that Amarie? Tell Erika they look beautiful. Love y'all, Tricia
ReplyDelete