When I was a little girl, I spent endless hours in my room playing with Barbies. I would have very detailed, intricate story lines going, have several different households of Barbies and their families set up at once. I was very creative in setting up/creating furniture when I didn't have any...
I have never seen my own girls play with Barbies quite the way I did. Yes, they love Barbies. But they don't "Talk" for them, and make up soap opera dramas like I did... I guess we just have too much TV and movies these days.
We got rid of a lot of toys before we moved here to Belize, but we kept one small container of Tori's barbies and Erika got several Barbie things for her birthday and Christmas right before moving here.
There is a debate on whether playing with Barbies is good or not. I don't like some things, like the skimpy clothes and unrealistic bodies. But I do like the fun of playing with miniature people, dressing, caring for, etc. There is actually a new line called LIV, which I prefer because usually the girls aren't as skimpy, etc.
For over a week now, Erika has not been allowed to walk. It has been challenging in so many different ways, but mostly BOREDOM. But Erika has discovered the joy of Barbies. She asks us to bring them to her, whatever room she is in. She has played with them for hours on end. It is so cute to see her sit and play and dress the Barbies. Of course, there are a lot of undressed ones at the moment. I will fix that shortly. My great Aunt Betty instilled that in me a long time ago...to always have the Barbies dressed at all times.
 |
| We made a "tent", complete with two fans to keep her cool. Erika decided to model the Barbie's wig for us. |
 |
| After school was finished today, she asked to play with Barbies...again. |
 |
| Tori gave her a trendy Manicure over the weekend....since she has to sit all the time. |
 |
| Mrs. Carolyn gave Erika this dress that her daughter outgrew. She has the matching adult version. Last time she wore hers, Erika got mad because she didnt call to tell us. So, we had matches on Sunday:) |
 |
| We went to Spanish Lookout yesterday and got us some "Waata"... |
 |
| Love how the hot sauce here is "Hot Mama's" |
 |
| Beautiful day to enjoy some pizza, ice cream and a little shopping in Spanish Lookout. |
 |
We loved this add...Contact NOAH.
We have started our second week of school. All seems to be going well. It keeps me busy at times, but we are usually wrapping up around lunch, so that is a blessing. The lazy days of summer are great, but they are LAZY, so it feels good to add some productivity to our days.
Erika's ankle finally seems to be healing. Thank you so much for all the prayers. It is nice to be able to shower her daily again, especially since it is so hot...it is a relief to her as well. Tomorrow, we are supposed to go and have her stitches removed.
Can't wait til we can go swimming again. Need her wound to fully heal first:) |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.