Today was a little rough with homeschooling, but that is just how it is sometimes...especially after my post yesterday about how much I love it:)
One factor is that we were out past 11 last night...and so I had a grumpy 4 year old. The other factor is that we heard some sad news last night so my schedule was thrown off a little while I called a friend from home (Texas). Lee did chapel with the kids while I was on the phone, but it just started the day a little different, and we never could get "into our groove". But we finished before lunch and Erika is taking a very long nap right now and I took a nap, and the world looks better now. Which is good, because we have company for dinner again tonight...
This morning, I talked to one of my dearest friends from Katy. It is amazing how nice it is just to hear a friends' voice and how they always know exactly what to say. There were some tears, but not bad tears, tears of love from and for a friend. I am so blessed that I am able to keep up with people on the internet and phone. It is so different than our missionaries of years' past. But sometimes I wish I could just sit down with a cup of coffee and chat in real life, instead of on the phone or virtually. But that time will come again...
I am thankful for the friends that the Lord has put in my life, although a lot of them are far away...I feel their prayers and love, just when I need it most. And I love that my friend and I could share a little our feelings about the situation going on at home. Sometimes it helps to just talk things through and agree on a plan for prayer...
Last night, we went to a family in our church's home to watch Duets (the Belize American Idol) since we do not have TV. We actually ended up meeting them for the tail end of their dinner, because they have family in from Guatemala. It was fun, especially as a couple of the men ate an order of Atomice Hot Wings...so funny...lot of crying...LOL. This family is dedicating their brand new son this Sunday morning and it is exciting because all of their family is planning to come. It will be our first Sunday where Lee preaches a Regular Sermon instead of us going through the Life Manual. And we are so excited. We love what God has done and is doing in this young couple. That is why we were at their house until 11 last night. We just enjoy them, enjoy spending time, getting to know them better. It is neat. And it will be an honor to pray over Baby Tristen this Sunday:)
Our lives are suddenly more busy. With school all day and then our evenings seem to be full of time with the families in the church. Tonight, we are having a new lady over who came on Sunday for the first time. Tomorrow is our young people group. Next week, we will start meeting with a group every Wednesday night to go through the LLT, our Leadership Manual. So, busy, busy, busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.