Sunday, September 4, 2011

LifeNet's first Baby Dedication


Our amateur photographer, Erika, took this.  Thank you for the laugh, Erlin:)

This morning at church, we prayed over the kids going back (some have already started) to school...Erika is hiding.  We were packed in the room, so it was squishy, but cool to see all of them up there.  Our church is definitely a young body.


Then, we had our first baby dedication.  Their whole family came and the place was full.  It was a joy to dedicate Tristan and Christopher to the Lord.  And seeing this family walk it out.  I almost cried after church when the father told me that Christopher knows every word to Adam and Courtney's CD.  We had given them a copy a while back and its the only thing they play in the car.  What a blessing for Chris to be singing worship like that.



I cannot believe how much little Tristan has already grown.  He slept through the entire thing.  Isn't he gorgeous?  God is so awesome.



I love the JOY on this little girl's face.  We went to eat after church...since our fridge is broken...and she was so excited to go outside...even though it is a million degrees, and slide.  This morning our worship was AMAZING. I love what God is doing here.  We now have three people on the worship team and they are singing some newer songs that we suggested.  It is very refreshing.  Erika just sang and lifted her hands the whole time.  I love that she is being raised worshipping Jesus.



So, to back up a little.  Yesterday, we had a new lady come and spend the day with us.  She has just moved here from the US.  She was here last year too.  She literally left Belize the day before we came...small world.  Anyway, we needed to go to San Ignacio and pick up a box, and they also have a cool grocery store with American foods in it.  So, we loaded up the van.   Jesse and his little sister came too.  Jesse's sister is Tori's age and we are thankful that they are becoming friends.  The van was SOOOO hot, because it has just been miserable here this past week.   We prayed for rain...and it rained...totally cooled down the van.   It was a nice outing, and as we came back into Belmopan, we could tell there had been quite a storm.  Huge limbs were in the road, debris everywhere.  I had washed and hung three loads of laundry that morning and came home to sopping wet clothes, many of them twisted around the clothesline or on the ground.  I am thankful I have a dryer.  I began to deal with the laundry, getting things ready for tomorrow, etc., and making dinner.  I noticed when I was making dinner that the fridge wasn't that cold, but unfortunately, that is just how it is when it is so hot.  So I really didn't think twice about it.   We had dinner then took Tanya home.  When we got back, Tori had cleared the table and washed most of the dishes.  Just to bless me.  Without being asked.  Nice.

Long story, but as the night went on, we discovered that the fridge, was, in fact, DEAD.  This is so frustrating.  This is the third fridge that has broke since we moved here.  Now, I am thinking it may have been the storm, even though we have a whole house surge protector.  Our neighbor's fridge broke yesterday as well, and some people at church lost several of their electronics as well.  SO FRUSTRATING.

After church, we went out to eat, since we don't have a fridge.  It was nice as we ate in air conditioning.  Our neighbor Jesse, joined us, and we joined Wendy, Aden and T.  We had a great lunch and came home to a very hot house.  It has been 95 in here all day and is just now down to about 89 at 7 pm.  I couldn't even nap good because it is just hard when it is so hot.  And no cold drinks, no ice, no popsicles...so at 5, I told Lee we needed to go and buy a cooler.  We have put it off because they are outrageously expensive here.  We looked at two stores.  For a small off-brand cooler, it was over $100 US, so we just bought a small styrofoam one for $10 US.  Ridiculous.  But we still need to buy a real one tomorrow.  But if we are going to pay that much, I want to at least get a brand name one.  Thinking we could get a frozen pizza or something to heat up, we went to two grocery stores.  No luck.   So dinner tonight was pb sandwiches, pringles and ICE CREAM...that was Lee's input.

I feel a little better since it has cooled off and I can now have cold water.  Please pray we get our fridge fixed easily tomorrow.  It is harder not to have a fridge here.  There are no McDonalds.  And when it is sooo hot, it is just hard not to have a fridge.  And it makes my life feel chaotic.  I don't like it:(

I am about to take a very cold shower...and just relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.