Friday, September 23, 2011

Ready for Fall??? :)

It is September...and I am so ready for Fall.  I don't know that Belize has a chilly fall, but just ready to not sweat so much.  I know it must be great for my pores and cholesterol...or so I've heard.  I really don't mind staying in shorts and short sleeves.  Just ready for a little less humidity and little cooler days.

This morning we had some extra errands to run at market, and were so sweaty before we ever got to the vegetable side.  And that has just stayed with me all day.  Never really cooled back down.

Josh did extra work yesterday to give himself the day off today.  So as the girls and I ran errands and worked on school, he slept in.  And he is quite happy with his decision to work so hard yesterday.  I'm happy for him too...

Mine, Tori and Erika's bdays are all coming up about a month apart each.  Erikas is two months to the day after mine.  So, trying to plan to make birthdays special in a different culture, different way of celebrating.  Erika's is the easiest...we are planning to have a party while my parents are visiting...She has already found some nice cakes at the bakery:) For Tori's, we are hoping to take a little trip to Caye Caulker to see some friends that moved there to plant a church.  Still trying to work out the details..it is no easy feat to go away even just one night.

Next weekend, I am attending a women's retreat.  I am a little nervous...but hoping to really just be able to sit back and receive as I will not have any responsibilities:)  Lee will hold down the homefront...pray for my kids...just kidding.  They will have a blast.

Erika found a clearance Barbie outfit today at Brodie's...$2 US.  Best two bucks we have spent in a long time.  Normally it was $10 US to give you perspective of how much American toys are here:)  Games are $50 or more...

Filling my prescription has been hard too.  You dont get to stick with one brand...the pharmacist explained that they have no control of what is sent to them.  So, I am hoping to stock up on a years supply when we go to the US next year.  I dont like switching brands and possibly encountering side effects.  We went to five pharmacies before even finding my prescription and it ended up being a different brand still!!!

Every week is so busy now.  They just seem to fly by.  Like today when I was doing homeschool with Erika, I had forgotten that this was the last day of the week for her.  Of course, we took Monday off, but still.  Erika learned our address and Lee's phone number as part of her curriculum this week.  So, today she was all business as we mailed a surprise letter to someone in our house:)  And she is so proud to know our address and phone number.  Hopefully she will remember if she needs it one day...

I love Facebook...it is my connection to so many here and in the US.  But I do not like how they have changed it.  I can't figure out how to use it.  So I hope I am not missing important updates from friends:(


Well, since Fall has not arrived since I started typing, I think I will go enjoy a popsicle and try to cool off that way.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.