Monday, September 26, 2011

This Sunday

Yesterday, we had to "move" church locations as we meet in the George Price Center and he passed away last week, meaning the bldg was being used as a place for people to come and view.  It made for a lot of scrambling for Lee this week.  We decided this would be a great time to do some baptisms.  We met at the Belmopan Hotel, because they had a conference room and a pool.  It was a nice place years ago, but is a little run down now.  But it was a blessing to have somewhere to meet.  We had a full crowd yesterday, 38 people.  It seemed more like a church service, having a bigger room, etc. 


Here are my two sillies who were doing backflips and headstands all over the room while Lee and the older girls were picking up a vanful of people.  Yes, they were squished in there yesterday...  I actually had to pay Josh for this pic... What is this world coming to?


After our service, we went out to do the baptisms, just as a rainstorm passed over.  The blessing is that it cooled things off for us.  I had to baptize Andrea on the step because the water was too deep for me:(  But it was a special moment for us, as this couple was the first couple we met for LifeNet, last year when Lee came to check out Belmopan.  They are special to us, as we have walked through the birth of their second child and all that goes with that.


This picture captures pure joy...and that is what this sweet family is to our family.

And Lydia and her sweet family have just started coming the past couple of months from a nearby village.  They have to ride the bus to get here each week.  God is bringing us great people and we are so blessed to get to raise and disciple them.


Yesterday, as we worshipped, I looked around the room.  Lee and I are so blessed that God trusts us with so many people.  I looked around and thought of how we had met each one...how many divine appointments there have been.  And how much I love each one as well.  We are at a place where we have new faces each week.

Next Sunday, back to George Price Center...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.