Today I got a really neat email from someone in the church we pastored in Katy. It brought tears to my eyes as I read how she keeps up with us through this blog.
Some days I wonder if anyone reads this blog (except mine and Lee's moms:) But I know there are people reading. And I love the comments you put...and emails you send. It encourages me to continue sharing.
Some days I don't know what to write about. We are pretty well adjusted and life here in Belize is our new "normal" now. So there sometimes seems nothing new or exciting to share. But typically then, something crazy or off the wall happens...that I can write about. After all, I am married to Lee Brockinton and am raising three kids who are just like him!!!! They always seem to give me things to write about.
Sometimes I can't share specifics of things we are walking through...to protect the people we are ministering to...or to protect ourselves. But I must tell you that I always feel your prayers...even if I cannot share the details.
It is kind of crazy to me that we have only lived in Belize for 7 1/2 months. It seems so much longer. It seems that we are so adjusted and used to life here for such a short time. It seems that God has brought so many wonderful people and oppurtunities for ministry into our lives in such a short time.
Lately I have met more missionaries here...all for different purposes. But all called to leave their life in America to do something here in Belize for the Lord. One missionary we met last weekend was told not to come here for a short time, but to come for the long haul...to walk it out. That "Belize is the most over evangelized, under discipled nation in the world." And it is SO TRUE. Can I tell you how many "Christians" we meet every day? Can I tell you how many Followers of Christ we meet every day? Huge difference...and the answers are a lot...and a few...
Pray for us as we try to make an impact on the small group of people that we minister to. Sometimes, when we live our day to day lives...and deal with a very lost, very sinful nation of people, it can become discouraging. But then, there are those people, that we see Christ changing their lives. We are being given an oppurtunity to build leaders. Some of them high school kids...who are disgusted with the sin in their high schools...and encouraged to make a difference. To pour into others as we pour Jesus into them...Those people make it all worth it. They keep us going. They help us not discouraged with the sin around us.
Sunday night, when we went to the festival, we were confronted...TWICE...with the sinfulness and depravity of some in this nation. It scared me a little, and made me even more sad. Because it is all about timing. Both men we encountered were high or drunk and not ready for Jesus. But there are many here who are ready. And God continues to put them right in our life. We have to constantly walk in a state of wisdom and discernment.
And as if on cue, as I was writing this, we heard, "Erika, Erika." from our front gate. It was a little boy from our church. His aunt had picked him up from school at the end of our street and he wanted to show her where we lived. I love that. I love that we live on the street of the school. And I love that Erika's little friend wanted to stop by.
Now, off to go register Erika for another year of Ballet. So exciting.
I love to read your blog and am disappointed when there isn't a new one. You are a gifted writer. Just keep telling us the everyday things that are happening. It makes us feel we are there with you and not so far away that we can't just drop in. Love you all. Tricia
ReplyDeleteI keep up with your blog and always look forward to reading what you all are doing. I may not always comment but know that I still care. ;)
ReplyDelete