Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July

For the past few weeks, I have been filling in for my daughter with the children.  I know they all miss her so much.  I also know that I greatly appreciate her more.  Yesterday, we did the story of the wise man and the foolish man...and building our lives on Jesus, the Rock.  It was awesome.  Especially when one of the little boys told me that he wakes up early on Sunday so he can come to church and he is so excited.  That really blessed me.  We made houses out of gumdrops and toothpicks...what a fun day we had.  But they surely wore me out:)


Happy Fourth of July to my family and friends at home.
Honestly, I kept forgetting today was the fourth.  Because we have no television and here in Belize, it is just an ordinary Monday.  Actually it has been cool all day, raining off and on.  It has been awesome.  We got up and washed the car and van inside and out.  It felt good to get that accomplished.  I ran off some patriotic color sheets and the pledge for school next year and just so Erika will also grow up knowing some US traditions.  We made Pinwheels, Daddy bought chalk so we could color on the part of the pavement that was not wet, and we had hamburgers for dinner.  I must admit, I missed the fireworks this year, but glad Josh and Tori get to experience them.  I also miss getting together with family.

But we did have a nice quiet day at home, just the three of us. 

1 comment:

  1. That is the way I always make my guacamole except I use lemon and maybe not as much onion. I like the flavor the onion adds but don't like the chunks or crunch. I figure it is a very healthy snack. Love, Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.