This week, my schedule has been totally different. And I have kind of liked it.
Tuesday and today, I had to wake real early to get to market, and home again, do some laundry, hang it out and get Erika ready by nine.
But it has been good. I have enjoyed getting up and getting out. And the time I have had with Erika. I stayed at the ballet camp with her in the waiting room each day. Halfway through, I picked up a little girl from church and brought her to the camp...the schedule changes hourly. I have enjoyed sitting in air conditioning and visiting with the lady who runs the ballet studio (YWAM), and some of the other moms that I did not really know.
Erika and I have come home each day and I've made lunch, cleaned up, did chores, etc, but then had a restful afternoon.
I think what I have realized, that as much as I like the carefree-ness of summer...I also like a schedule and getting up and getting my day started. As the summer has come, I have definitely gotten into a schedule of staying up later and sleeping in the morning.
In a few weeks, we will begin our second year of homeschool. I am looking forward to it, but am also a little nervous. I feel like, with the older kids, we kind of figured it out last year, but I will be starting new with Erika. And the beginning of the year is definitely more difficult, just getting the kids back into the school schedule and habits. They have been relaxing for a few months now.
We tried a new way of shipping our homeschool curricullum. We should be going and picking it up next week or the next. Please pray that it all goes smoothly and there are no unexpected costs or damage to the boxes.
Tomorrow morning, we will all wake up early to attend Erika's ballet "show". She is so excited and has talked about it all week. Tori and I just baked some banana muffins to contribute to the snacks they will have. It will be fun and I will try to get some pictures. I will probably be too busy holding back the tears... I have been watching Erika this week and she is amazingly graceful...she makes the most beautiful ballerina. I am so thankful she has had this oppurtunity. The girl who is teaching them is from Dallas and teaches ballet there. She is a great teacher and her love for the Lord just flows out of her. She has done so many fun things with the girls, while pouring Jesus into them. I am thankful that she gave her summer to come and serve here in Belize.
It has bee a great week of just enjoying my children, my family. I am very thankful for each one of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.