I just rolled up the bandage I was wearing on my knee yesterday and put it away...
then thought,
I need to blog and let people know how intimate and loving our God is.
Somehow, on those crazy trails and all the walking we did on Monday, I twisted my knee. I noticed it first when we were walking down to the butterfly falls. It was a long, twisty, uneven path, where we literally had to hold on to trees at times to make it. I was blessed because Ilka totally carried and helped Erika all the way down. I could not have done it. I was barely making it. I thought, well, when I get in the cool water, it will feel better. It did feel better in the water, but the walk back was so hard for me. The kids even got a walking stick for me...so I looked like an "old lady". I just kept praying...God, please just let me make it to the van.
Tuesday morning, there was much to do, to clean up from the weekend, wash to do and hang. I was also suffering from my body literally being covered in mosquito bites. So, I did not accomplish all that needed to be done on Tuesday. Just made it through.
One of my friends called to recommend a medicine for my bites and I just mentioned about my knee. That was it. I did not even ask her to pray for me.
Lee needed me to run some errands with him (switching cars, etc.) so I showered and didn't put the bandage back on...you know, pride and everything, didn't want people asking about my knee. The first store we went to, we were waiting in line, and I looked at Lee and said, "You know what I just realized? My knee doesn't hurt any more. Not just that is hurting less...but it is totally healed!!!" Instantly, I knew in my spirit that my friend must have been praying for me. So when I got home, I let her know. And it was a blessing to her to know...that God heard and healed.
Today, I have lots to do. Lots of grocery shopping, cleaning, etc. God knew as a mom that I need my knee to work. And I am so thankful.
My bites...I did get the medicine..and it helps a little. But last night about 9, I took a benadryl and used TOOTHPASTE on my bites. I slept like a baby til 8 this morning ( I almost got no sleep at all the night before). So, when I am going to be home, toothpaste will be on my bites. But you can still agree for healing for me. Several remedies were sent via facebook to me yesterday: deodorant, salt, vicks, cortizone, eurax...I tried all of these and the one that worked the best, probably combining with the benadryl was the TOOTHPASTE. So just remember that if you ever get swarmed by mosquitoes like I did. And I am going to just be praying that He supernaturally heals my bites just like He did my knee.
Have a blessed day and don't forget that God is personal and intimate and hears our cries to Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.