Monday, July 11, 2011

Sometimes we will never know...

i believe sometimes we never will know where God has intervened
and saved us
saved our children
saved us from heartache

saturday night, we were all exhausted from being at a party all afternoon
isnt that when things always happen?
when we are exhausted

erika had gotten two bags full of goodies
i had not looked through them
i was tired and just came and sat on the couch

the family had sent home food
everyone fended for themselves
and got food for themselves for dinner

so i was just on the couch

sure erika was eating candy
sometimes that is just how it is when you are a mom
not really regulating
shes 4 1/2
she can eat a little candy now and then

i look back and wish i would have put the candy up
but i didnt
i wish i would have been paying better attention to what she was eating
but i let her eat most things now...she is 4 1/2

so, tori and i were watching a movie, i think...cant remember
and erika comes around screaming
like crazy
i had no idea what was going on
i thought she was fighting with tori about something
then she said she was choking
and it hurt
but she was talking?
how was she choking?
still screaming, she began to vomit

so i was trying to get her to the restroom
and the biggest hard candy came out!!!

i am not trying to be gross
just saying my baby was choking
 and it is not at all how i ever thought it would be

she cried and cried and said her throat hurt
and was she in trouble for throwing up????

No, no, erika...we are just so glad you are okay.


the middle of the night, i woke up...just shaking,
it really hitting me
that my night could have turned out so differently
did i really thank God enough for the miracle He performed?
getting that candy out of my child's throat?

so she could breathe?
so she could live?

i ran to her bed and held her, prayed over her,
thanked God for protecting her, where i can't
because that is totally what happened
i dont know what i would have done
i didnt even really know what was going on
i thought she must be okay, since she was talking

but she was right...she was choking
and God just totally took care of it

sometimes we will never know where our Father God has
stepped in and saved us and our children

but I know...that He did on saturday night
and I am so thankful

4 comments:

  1. Robyn, this is so scary. The same thing happened to Lily when she was little and she and I were at the movie theater alone. All she told me was "I swallowed a candy and it's stuck and hurts a little". We had to leave early and rush home (since the theater was so close to home). She had a candy lodged in her throat but she could still talk to me. She was bright red and having "a little" trouble breathing according to what she told me. Lily has always stayed calm in these situations unlike me I was freaking out and just wanted to get home to Milo so he could help her. As soon as we got home she vomited it out. I was on my knees after that thanking God for saving my little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking back I don't know why I did not drive to a hospital. At the time though Memorial was still not built so home was closer. I am so glad Erika is okay and that God did step in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful. Thanks for sharing so I know what to look for if my kids ever experience something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! God is so good. I'm glad Erika is ok. I remember when Josh got choked on a piece of candy at church. God took care then also. H does love us so much and has plans for us. Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.