Life has been busy. I am looking at my floors and they really need to be vacuumed...from the busyness of our weekend, but thought I should blog first.
Sunday was a neat day. For starters, one of our ladies is about to have her second baby. It has been neat because we have been here for most of her pregnancy. She is very small, but her bellly is very large right now. She is due anytime. On Sunday, we just wanted to pray over her as she is getting close to delivery. When I placed my hand on her belly to pray for the new baby, he was moving all over the place. It was the neatest thing for me to experience. I lost my focus and had to refocus to finish praying. Life is so precious and I thank God for the reminder.
After church, we invited that family ( who is expecting the baby) and our neighbor a few houses down, who has been coming for about a month now. It was nice to get to fellowship with all of them...over my classic spaghetti...that feeds a crowd. Quickly, we had to get ready to head out again, as Lee was preaching in San Ignacio. That morning, when he shared, a few of the young people said they wanted to go too. So, it was awesome, we took a couple of people from here in Belmopan and picked a couple of teens along the highway on the way there. I thought that was so Belizean...picking up people along the way. We had a great time and it was nice to have support during the service. We enjoyed eating and laughing together after. By the time we got home around 11, Lee and I were both totally exhausted but had enjoyed a great day.
One other neat thing that happened Sunday night is that all during the time Lee was preaching (with a translator), I felt the Lord telling me to go and pray for a young woman. I have met her once, but could not remember if she spoke English or not. I prayed for her all during the service and then we dismissed. I was not sure what I should say, and how to approach her. Wouldn't you know, she came right to me? She came to just say hello, etc. We small talked a little and then I said, I think I am supposed to pray for you. With tears in her eyes, she said, Please do pray for me. It was neat to know God was really telling me that. She is a single mom, who is trying to make it through university, while raising a special needs baby, who is now 2. My heart left heavy for her, not sure what I can do for her...but will definitely continue to pray for her.
Monday morning, we got up and headed to the Baboon sanctuary. I have twice made a video of our experience and it has crashed on me twice. I just dont have the heart to make it again. So, I will just show you some pictures and narrate it for you. We had a great day and it was truly about the journey there and back...although, we thoroughly enjoyed the destination as well. But even after arriving, there were mountains to climb and lots of sweating. It was the good kind of sweating, because we were having fun too:)
 |
| THIS sign led us astray on a 30 minute detour to nowhere.... |
 |
| pretty drive, but we had already been in the car a while and were ready to be there!!! |
 |
| we went all the way to CUBA apparently:) (sign says Castro...and they were everywhere) |
 |
| the horses apparently take over the village schools when its summer... |
 |
| when we dead ended at the bus and the river, we knew we were in the wrong place....we asked directions, but unfortunately could not understand her creole:) |
| FINALLY...the place we were looking for... |
 |
| There was a bat colony inside the museum...they were everywhere...flying all around us. |
 |
through the jungle, we must walk...to find the spider monkeys
we literally went into people's backyards to look at them
no cages, no captivity, totally wild |
 |
Erika ended up getting her finger bit by the baby monkey, but she was okay...but that was a reminder that we were in the wild, not the zoo:)

 |
 |
we had a very late lunch at a very nice restaurant at a resort near the sanctuary
Erika is looking at the huge iguana outside |
It was a long drive, but so worth it. It was lots of hot, sweaty walking, but so worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.