![]() |
| Normally, Josiah has a huge smile...but ya know how kids are:) |
Last night, I went to bed with a heavy heart for this precious family. Many years ago, when we planted a church in Dallas, Rob was attending CFNI and came to our church. I remember him being such a servant. He would not leave until Lee, the kids and I left. In fact, one of Tori's first words as a baby was ROB!!! He was always willing to help us whatever we needed.
Then we moved to Katy and once again, God had told us to plant a church. Not soon after we arrived, Rob graduated from CFNI and came home to where his parents lived in Houston. And once again became an awesome member of our congregation, serving wherever he could.
Rob has always been amazing with kids. He would tell me, when I get married, I want 10 kids. And he wasn't joking. Wherever he is, there are kids using him as a jungle gym, etc:)
Not long after coming to Houston, Rob met, and fell in love with Cassi. Lee was blessed to perform their wedding and they wanted children right away, if that was what the Lord wanted. Cassi was a nanny to many children. Many years went by without children. And they decided to pursue adoption...of this beautiful baby, Josiah. It was right around the time Erika came to live with us that they were able to adopt Josiah as a baby. He has brought much joy into their home. Yet, they still longed for more children.
Then, recently, a miracle happened. After 8 long years of marriage, Cassi is now 18 weeks pregnant...with twin boys. It is a miracle and we want God to receive the glory for blessing this sweet couple.
My prayer request is this: They have had several scares already in this pregnancy. And at the moment, Cassi is in the hospital, on complete bedrest, trying to save these babies. One of the babies' water has broken. There are other things going on and I do not know the details.
What I do know is that I serve a big God. I am asking you to look at the picture of this family...many of you probably know them. And PRAY. I know people are crying out to God all over the world. And I just felt that I should add them to my blog, so that whoever reads it, would pray as well.
Thanks.

Now I know why I was searching for Rob tonight on the internet. It's a long story, but I found the Life Church website, saw that you guys had gone to Belize, and started to read your blog ... and then I see this picture of Rob and Cassi. We haven't connected with them since 2004. I'm so glad I followed my hunch to see how he was doing.
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you will remember us!
Sarah (Allen) from CFNI, 1999 to 2002.
Wow, Robyn. This really means a lot. And it is such a blessing to be reconnected with my friends from CFNI. God certainly works things out for His glory!
ReplyDelete---Rob