Monday, June 27, 2011

Enjoying my Preschooler

Anyone who knows my Erika, knows she is a ball of fun.  She loves life and brings much joy into our family.  She is full of energy and has 400 friends.

When I had Josh and Tori, I was 22, then 25.  Erika entered my life at a year old and I was, much older, like 35.

It makes a difference.  I have so much less energy than when Josh and Tori were little.  I am pulled more ways, because now I have older children too, and more resposibilities.  I think I am a wiser parent, now.  I think I am probably more cautious, more protective.  And I have the added benefit of built in babysitters.  So there are pros and cons to our large span in age difference.  I didn't plan my family this way, but like the way it turned out.

I catch myself, sometimes, realizing that I don't "play" with Erika like I did the other two.  I always have  a million things to do, errands to run, etc.

So, today, I did not have much on my agenda.  Lee was off taking care of some things.  And I decided to just enjoy this little girl that the Lord has given me.

So, we made a tent....


which made this little girl very happy:)


read some books (and she wants me to read some more later)


and now she is napping in her super-fun tent....


Life is good...I am glad we have this huge gap in age of our kids because now that Josh and Tori are in the US, I do not want my kids to ever grow up.  So when Tori leaves, we will still have a few more years with Erika....

See, it all works out.

We still have at least 14 more years with this little girl in the house...wearing me out, making me laugh, and teaching me so much about Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.