Saturday, June 18, 2011

Releasing

There is this thing that happens, the moment you find out you are pregnant (or take a child into your care through adoption), your instinct to protect takes over.  First by taking care of yourself, so you can take care of your baby.  And even though that child gets older, you still hold on, and protect in any way you can.  Gradually, you begin to let them take little steps on their own, when you are ready, and when they are ready.

Well, then something happens that you are not quite ready for...but you know deep in your heart that they are...so you begin to release.

Release is hard.  You  know they are in God's hands, but still...

So, today, I sent my babies on an International flight.   I tried so hard, and succeeded, not to cry.  To be strong, for them.  Although, I was still a little worried about all the details...

But we have poured into these kids a long time...they are trustworthy, honest, smart kids.





and what a blessing that we could actually watch them get on the plane...that helped Mama:)


and that through the power of technology, my sister in law could send this mama a picture of her very safe, very okay little ducks.

have fun you guys.  I will miss you, but have the time of your lives:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.