Isn't it funny how the phone never rings until you step into the shower?
Isn't it funny that we don't really appreciate the people in our lives until they are gone (either temporarily or permanently)?
Isn't it funny how when you wake up and have absolutely NOTHING planned for the day...and it is filled so quickly somehow?
Isn't it funny how you get more done when you are busy and have so much to do...than when you have nothing to do?
This morning I found out that a man in the church we pastored in Katy passed away. I am so heartbroken for his family. He has been sick and in pain for a long time, so I know that now he is with Jesus and not suffering anymore. But there is such a great loss for his wife and son. His son is one of Josh's friends and so young to lose his dad. This family is so special and always was so good to Lee and I when we were their pastors. They prayed with us and prayed with us all along the process of getting and adopting Erika. They loved that little girl so much. So, today, Lord, I lift up the Reed family to you and pray you give them strength to walk out this journey.
This morning, we woke up with little on the agenda. We talked to our kids, which is a blessing because I miss them so much. Then began doing some misc. cleaning around the house...all the little things that just need to be done once in a while. Did some laundry before it rains. Am going to work on some curriculum for the children on Sunday mornings. Then Lee got a call that one of our boys that comes without his parents needed a ride to the hospital. He may have broken his arm. They do not have a car, so it is a blessing that we can help. We actually just went to this boy's graduation on Saturday.
The weather seems a little cooler today. I am praying we get some more rain... Love the rain. Love the temps it brings.
So, Ladies, hug your husbands and your kids. Guys, hug your wives and children. We never know how many days we may have, so much enjoy the people in our lives EVERY DAY.
I'm going to go spend some time with my littlest one...right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.