I am sitting here, in my room, with TWO fans blowing on me...because it is 97 degrees in my house. The rain came the past two days and cooled things off and we even woke to a cool morning, but not now. But it is 4, so it will cool soon:/
This morning, I went to check on Winnie. She hit her head pretty hard on Wednesday, getting on the bus (other kids heard it). She had a headache and we gave her ice, but she doesnt complain too much. Last night, after our group left, from the Life Manual, she said her head hurt so bad. And Winnie never complains. I gave her ice again and prayed for her and told her to just go right to sleep. She did not want any medication. This morning, she did not get up for school and when I checked on her, she was very dizzy and her head still hurt really bad. So I felt we needed to have her checked out. It had just been too long. So after we quickly ran our errands and market, at 9 am, we were on the way to the Hospital. Thankfully, after a very long two hour wait, they concluded that yes, she had a bump on her head, but no concussion. So she is taking advil, and we continue to pray. She seems fine though.
Meanwhile, our kids stayed home with Erika...with no electricity. And it got hot. Apparently the whole country is going in and out. (we have it now). So we got them cold drinks from a stand at the hospital and dropped Winnie off to run more errands before lunch.
We went to get our tint on our van checked and for me to get my driver's license. When we pulled up...in the car...Lee was like, great, we were supposed to bring the van. Well, the place was closing for lunch anyway. So as we were heading back to the car, a truck backed right into our parked car.
Three Blessings:
1. We were not in the car, or getting in the car, at the time.
2. It was the "ghetto car" and not the van.
3. The guy has insurance and was very kind. We will actually take care of it Monday.
4. An official saw it happen and will go with us to get signed contract on Monday as well (God's favor).
We came home, ate lunch, cleaned up from lunch, and headed back to get my license. Yes, now I have a Belizean License...so exciting. We ran several more errands all afternoon, even saw the guy who hit our car again...crazy, huh?
I am so thankful and so blessed because Winnie is okay, our car is fixable...and it is just a car, and maybe we even made some divine appointments today that we don't yet know about. Belmopan is so small and everyone knows everyone. We went to the big High School today to set up for our team coming Monday, and the lady helping us was someone we had met when we first moved here. It is just cool. And one of the young men we are taking through the Life Manual was there, as well.
Tonight, we will go to the circus. It is walking distance from our house. Lee is like a little kid and so excited. I am a little nervous, since we have already seen some of their animals just walking around. But I am sure it will be okay.
Then tomorrow, our team from Life Church arrives. I am so excited to see everyone. And excited to see what God does through them and in them while they are here.
One other thing: God is so good. I have recently found out about 3 different couples that have prayed to have babies for years...that are all pregnant. One couple has been trying for 8 years and are now having twins. It just blesses me as I have prayed with these couples, to serve a God who never forgets. And His timing is always perfect.
Have an awesome day...they are driving down my street now announcing the circus tonight:) I know Lee is just beside himself with joy.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.