Yesterday morning was a little bumpy for me. Questioning why things have to be so hard here in Belize sometimes. Why can't it be easy and COOL like the states? Why does my hair have to be constantly frizzy and my makeup...obsolete since it melts off anyway? Why cant I push my grocery cart to my car like in the states...and eggs not be in cartons...so they do not fall and break everywhere? yes, real story, ending in tears!!!
But all the things that are hard for me, I have it so much easier than most people here in Belize. And I think God wants to remind me of that. That even though we do not have central air in our home, like even the poorest people in the US, that we have a beautiful home, food on our table, or money to buy food if needed. And that He has called us here. I just have to spend one moment with the people at LifeNet to be reminded why we live here. God has brought the most amazing, special people into our lives here. And so, we sweat together, talk about our crazy hair and laugh.
Last night, the team went to the circus. I really did not want to go again, so the girls and I stayed home. But you know what? God showed up. One of the girls got hurt, and after the show, the team went and prayed for the whole team. Josh said the presence of God was so heavy in that place. And that is the Amazing God we serve. He shows us where to walk, what to do. We just have to trust Him.
We are about to go to Market. I am praying for Divine Appointments.
So the Lord refocused my heart this morning with this song by Courtney, "I Will Follow You".
I want to get lost in love with You
I want to move when you move
and I will set my eyes on You
I want to be more like You
I want to love like You
I will do what You called me to do
I will set my gaze on You
I want to be more like You
I will follow You (4x)
Thank you for your gentle love, Lord.
The girl that got hurt, was she in the circus or on the team there from Life Church? Is she ok? Patricia
ReplyDelete