Our library is very small. Smaller than our house. It is one big room, that is kind of warm, if you had to stay there and use a reference book. But the last couple of days have been pretty hot, so it would not always be like that. As an adult patron, I may check out 4 books for 2 weeks. I got a fiction book, which is pretty good...I'm only on the first chapter. And Erika and Tori got 3 books. It was a good use of my time, because one of those books was a craft book of all sorts of crafts you can make with paper plates. Thankfully, Tori is happy to do these crafts with her sister right now.
But this library is so small and had so few books. It kind of made me sad, thinking of the US and our fancy libraries there. Many of the books here were pretty worn and I imagine are all donations. I think of the tons and tons of books we sold at garage sales for 50 cents each before moving here...in our process of downsizing. I did bring a bunch of books for Erika so I am thankful for that.
As I was looking around, I was thinking of all the books on the three or four bookshelves in our bedroom and office. Is there any that I could donate? To bless others here in Belmopan who may go to the library? I did not see a lot ( or any, actually) Christian books? But that does mean that they were not there.
Right now all the books we have, we are using. The kids get about 5-6 novels each that they need to read for homeschool. I don't want to donate those now, because I'm saving them for Tori and Erika. But as Erika grows out of books, or we just have books that we are only going to read once, I think I will take them down there. For others to enjoy. Now that I have had a good look around and have seen there is a need.
I am so thankful that we went and checked out the library today. We may work this into our biweekly errands.
The other thing that reminded me of my childhood library in that there is an actual
library card in the back of the book. And she had to write down the names of the books we got. And then she stamped my library card with the return dates.
Now I have a library card...another card in my wallet to help my new identity here in Belize.
| So fun. My girls are such crafters... |
| We stopped by the bakery to get our regular stuff...and Lee's favorite cookies. |
| I almost forgot this one...Tori's attempt to try to convince me that she needs a rabbit for her birthday...can't she just wait til she is an adult to get all her animals???? |
| Got these apple bananas at the produce stand since I missed market yesterday. Aren't they so cute? Pretty yummy too. |
| Made Fajitas tonight since we found some nice, soft flour tortillas. Yummy dinner for sure. |
She does need a rabbit!
ReplyDelete