It is now July, so in less than a month, we will start our second year of Homeschooling.
I have ordered the curriculum, and we should be getting it soon.
Last year, there was a whirlwind of things and emotions all going on as we started the year. We had just moved to a small apartment, and were packing up to leave the country. I was sick because of my thyroid (although was not diagnosed til October). And I kind of didn't totally know what I was doing.
I am looking forward to this next schoolyear. All three kids will be in school, which means that I will be stretched a little more, but also that Erika will have her own work to keep her busy while the older two work.
We are now settled into a house, which is also helpful.
And my thyroid situation is finally all balanced out, which is also a blessing.
And we have lived here long enough, that we are not spending our days trying to get settled and learning how to live in a foreign country--we are Belizeans now:)
Wow, just realized we had a lot going on last school year. I can really see how God's grace got us through.
Any of you who read my blog or homeschool, or just have ideas? I would love some ideas on how to make homeschooling special, maybe making the days not all run together. How to keep things exciting and interesting. The beginning will hold its own excitement, as we will have new subjects, and the newness is exciting. I have some field trips I want to take the kids on as well. But I am open to any ideas on things to incorporate, things that have worked with your kids, things to make school fun...at home.
Last year, was such a time of adjustment for our family...in so many ways. I am looking forward to a fresh start, in our new home. I have really come to enjoy it. I love having the kids with me all the time. Love that there is flexibility in homeschooling. Love that I get to be a part of what they are learning.
So, today I am just looking ahead to next month...starting Kindergarten, 7th and Sophomore year...are my kids really this old???
sophomore? wow. now I feel old. Damion and I watched the video from Life Church this morning and he commented on how manly Josh is now. I remember a little boy with slicked down hair, dockers, a button up shirt and loafers.
ReplyDeleteThe thing my kids like most about homeschooling is when we make the lesson come off the page. Last year we studied indians for a week so we made a teepee, did berry paintings, etc. Don't get overwhelmed with it. If you go a week and it's not exciting than it doesn't matter because you lived through the week, they still learned stuff, and you have your sanity intact. Miss you all.