Thursday, June 23, 2011

Missing my kiddoes

Its official.
I've decided I'm not going to allow my children to grow up.
Because I miss them SOOO much, and we are not even halfway through.
Our house is so quiet.
Erika misses them desperately.

I have once or twice thought what it would be like when the kids grow up and move to college, get married, start their own lives. 
How much less housekeeping, cooking and laundry I would have.

Well, I've decided that I don't mind doing their laundry.
Or cooking for them.
That I actually like when our house is full and active, not still and silent.

And I've realized that at 12 and 15, they are not just my kids, but also my friends
(don't worry---in a healthy way).
I love hanging out with my kids.
They make me laugh, make me think, make me love life.

So, you people in Texas, soak them up, enjoy them, love them and spoil them.
But send them back quickly.
Cause their mama and daddy  and little sis really, really miss 'em:)

1 comment:

  1. I bet you do miss them. They are wonderful kids. We will be with them Monday through Wednesday and then again the next Monday through Wednesday. Then they are on their way home. Love ya, Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.