Friday, March 25, 2011

Giving our Burdens to the Lord

Everyone else is sound asleep.  I am wide awake.  I have a heavy heart.  I love checking ITunes every so often because I love music and always love finding new stuff.  Tonight I found this:


Blessings Video by Laura Story

I have played it over and over.  I feel that I have so many people I am praying for at the moment, going through trials...and the words just really spoke to me.

 "What if my greatest dissappointments, or the aching of this life is a revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy?  Then what if trials of this life, the rain, the storms, the hardest nights are Your mercies in disguise?"

I hate, absolutely hate, seeing those I love, suffer, go through difficulties.  In my flesh, I want to solve their problems for them, make it easier for them.  But I can't.  And this song really hit it for me.  God does not cause our problems...  But it is through our trials that we grow stronger, that we yearn for eternity, that we yearn for closeness to God.  It is when we cry out to Him the hardest, the most passionately.

I feel like I have gone through some trials the past couple of years...compared to some, minor, but for me, big.  Walking through the adoption process was a mountain for me.  I have never sought after God so hard.  I also have never seen His hand so real.  If I hadn't had to fight on my knees in the spiritual realm, I would never know what a miracle Erika being our daughter is.  Noone knows the tears and cries out to the Lord I made for that little girl...and still do, because I know God has a mighty purpose in her life. 

I just was so touched by this song.  It may be old news to everyone up in the US, but it was totally new to me tonight.  And just what I needed to hear.  I pray that this song is a blessing to one of you...or that you can use it to minister to someone in your life...

We had a great night of worship tonight with the churches of Belmopan.  The missionary/pastor who leads it shared that he was feeling about a year ago, time to go on, move on from Belmopan, the spiritual warfare was getting strong and bringing discouragement. He has been here over 20  years.   And in July, there began to be a breakthrough.  It excited me, because I feel it.  I feel the breakthrough in Belmopan, but the battle is strong.  I feel that too.  It is still surreal to me sometimes, that we are living in Belize.  Tonight, he changed a lot of the songs, singing over Belize.  Erika loved it, and would run and dance...and then come to me and say, "Mommy, he said Belize...that is where we are...we are singing for the people of Belize."  Such understanding of spiritual things even as a 4 year old.  There is something about the corporate worship, on the city office steps, that is just breaking strongholds in this city.

I have been in a real time of nesting, settling my family.  Today, that seemed to finish for me.  We are settled now.  We have all our household set up today...and I am ready, really ready to get this going.  I don't really know how to explain it.  But there has needed to be a season of getting settled, and adding Winnie to the mix, our first ministry right here in our home.  But now, after the testimonies of high schoolers flocking to the fronts of schools for altar calls, youth camps having more kids than they know where to put them...God is moving in the young people.  And I am ready to see how we are to be a part of it.

So, I am wide awake, just seeking God tonight.  And just wanted to share the song with you.  Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Robyn, Thank you for sharing this song, and your journey. I look forward to reading your blogs and the encouragement I receive from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard that song about a week ago and was weeping as I listened. I love how connected we are even so distant physically! Your blog is my heart! Love you my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.