It was a year ago this Sunday, that we shared with our congregation, that the Lord was moving us to Belize. It took almost a year for me to be able to release that congregation that we had poured our heart, soul, sweat, tears, etc. into for almost 10 years. But then I was in this kind of floating place. I have been a Pastor's wife my whole adult life...so I was a little lost. Of course, who doesn't enjoy the not-having-resposibility-break? But when you are called to something and you are on a break, it is weird. When you have always been faithful to serve (even as a teen), it is hard to be at a different church every week, where you don't know anyone, and have no resonsibilities...
But it has been a good time for me. A time of really getting to worship and sit at Jesus' feet. A time to just be a mom and wife and to focus a little more on my own family. My children are always my priority, but honestly, when you are a pastor's family, your own children sometimes are last on Sundays... So it has been nice to just be their mom, to focus on my own children. I feel the Lord has used this time to just remind me of the important things...mainly not getting so busy pouring into others, that I am not spending much needed time with the Lord myself. Because it is all about Him.
We have some new girls coming this morning. And I am excited to be able to minister. But really have a new view on ministry...that I am just the tool, really that is all. I am nothing. I just get to help lead them to the Lord...and disciple them, but it is up to them to take it further. I am not responsible to solve all their problems and convince them that their life will be perfect once they surrender to Jesus. But just that it will be better...and they will have someone to walk them through things. We in the church, for too long, have begged people to become Christians so their lives will be perfect. Our lives as believers are blessed, but we still have problems, and living for Jesus is not always easy. Obedience is sometimes really, really hard. But there are blessings there. And I would not trade my life in Christ...but no longer will I try to convince people how easy their lives will become. Just that they will now have a peace that passes understanding and a joy unspeakable....
So, now I am a pastor's wife again. Cleaning my home, preparing to serve this morning.
But remembering to have that time at Jesus' feet and not getting so caught up in all the details...
Have a Great Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.