Thursday, March 31, 2011

Walking on the Faith Bridge, Swinging in a Hammock, and a visit to the Hospital

On our way to Spanish Lookout yesterday, we stopped by YWAM to see the new Faith Bridge that a missions team just built...no chicken wire on the sides to keep small people in...so Erika and I just stayed in the car.  Faith Bridge is probably about 50 feet above the water...and you definitely have to have lots of faith to walk across it...



Yesterday on our field trip, we bought a hammock and swing, so Lee and Josh put those things up.  Yep, that is Lee way up in a Custard Apple tree.  Anything for his Erika.

Erika is so happy on her new swing...

Tori relaxing in the hammock...isn't she a beautiful girl?


Erika looks like a Belizean girl.  Everyone loves her wherever we go.  Who wouldn't?  Her mouth is blue from  her popsicle...


Today's field trip:  Vivian is preparing to go to college in the US.  One of the things she needs is a TB test.  We took her to the clinic I went to and they were unable to do it:(  So, the only place they said would do it is the Hospital.  So this is where we headed.

We were not able to get the test today.  We will have to go back next week...
yep, this is it...where we entered

outside the registration office...where is Vivan?

out in the entrance


On another note, today Tori was the daring one and rode with me to the bakery.  Yes, I drove.  Are you not so proud of me?  I must say that Belmopan is small, but there is a lot of traffic...people traffic.  People everywhere, on bikes, walking, and some in cars...  I decided it is time for me to start driving.  The other problem is I honestly do not know my way around yet.  But I am being more conscience now when Lee drives.  So at least I can drive around town.  It is time to sign Tori up for piano lessons and both girls, dance classes.  In order for that to happen, I need to start driving.  So Lee does not have to be our taxi driver...although, he is a great Belizean driver.

And I have decided to make pizza once a week...I have got the sauce down, the pita bread crust...and we love the taste of America...and it is cheaper to make at home...it used to be the cheap meal to eat out in America.  Not so here.

One thing we are doing this week is making each person have a day they are Special.  It has been so fun.  We try to bless that person all day long, and then speak kind and loving words over them at prayer time in the evening and each person prays over the Special person for that day.  It is a simple way to remember and have to focus on the positive things of each family member.  I love how, even Winnie being new to the family, already knows everyone so well.  And who doesn't want to be the special one for a day?

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures and blog. Tell Erika I LOVE her swing and to swing as high as she can for me. She does look Belizean, :) Also Tori is just gorgeous! And Josh is so grown up! All my love to my friends who I miss so much! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.