Thursday, March 3, 2011

Welcome to my Week

The last few days have been a whirlwind.

Here are a  few pictures of what we have been doing.

Saturday morning, we had several errands...one of which was visiting our favorite bakers around...here she is with Erika frosting a very special cake.  She has more patience than most and Erika (and all of us) love her dearly...




and apparently we timed it right because she fed us lunch...fish empenadas...YUMMY


On Sunday, we had our first gathering at our home, that didn't just include our family.  Our downstairs neighbors, who were missionaries here for years, went home to the states, and God recently called back to Belize, joined us.  They are a precious couple who have two ladies living with them that they have ministered to in the past.  One of those ladies came.  It was such a precious time with the Lord and fellow believers.

After they left, I started to prepare lunch, and our gas for our stove was totally out...oh well, guess we had to order a pizza.  This pizza was $15 American...a huge treat for our whole family.  I think the box was licked clean.  They delivered it for free on the back of a moped.  So cool, and um, very greasy.


Monday, we woke up early and the kids quickly did their school.  After lunch, we headed to San Ignacio, to get Pastor Caleb's help getting our work permit.  All three kids really enjoyed spending time with their youngest, and last daughter at home, Raquel.  Especially Erika, can you tell?


It was a very hot day...and long day for us, but Pastor Caleb and his wife, Aida, cooked us a DELICIOUS dinner...Erika grabbed my camera and took some pictures.  Caleb says Erika reminds him of when his daughter was little.




After dinner, we had a meeting with all the Foursquare leaders in Belize.  There are 3 churches and we will be the fourth.  All the others are close by each other.  It was nice to fellowship with everyone, and we got to see the preschool/primary school that Life Church has worked on in previous missions trips.  It was a very long day and we did not even head home until 10 pm.  And the roads are not very good at night.  I pray a lot in the car.  Pray it keeps running, pray we are able to buy a van that is newer soon, and pray that God gets us where we are going.  Lee is great, and I appreciate him driving.  I still have not driven since we arrived.  But I am sure I will someday:)

Tuesday, we woke up very exhausted.  We woke up early again and headed to market.  We packed what we could into our little car and headed to our new home...


It is times like this that I had photo skills, but this is the front entrance.  It is very beautiful.  In fact, when we were living at the hotel, we passed this one night, and I said, wouldn't that be a beautiful place to live?  Lee had called on it previously and it was only available for a business.  But God must have heard me???  :)


Look at this huge carport...that is a blessing here in Belize...and an electric gate to get in and out...so nice.

Hanging laundry out back...this is two loads, all I could hang.  We had a lot of laundry to catch up on...I have more waiting for me tomorrow.  I can't wait to see how strong my arms will be soon.



Here is Tori working on school this morning.  We have ordered bunk beds from the Mennonites and they should arrive next Friday.  We still need to decorate and get more settled, but Tori has done a great job of unpacking.  The girls are sharing a tall dresser and then each have a freestanding closet.



I will post pics of Josh's room soon.  His is the room we unloaded the whole shipment into, and his bed is where the girls are sleeping now..he is on the couch.  So his room still needs a lot of work...we are moving a table out of there into our room as well...


Our living room and front door.  I was so happy to put up just a few of my decorations...making it feel like home.  My friend bought the two tables for the new home she is building, so we get to enjoy them until then.  I think I will miss them.  They are so nice in the room.  Tori was so excited to get to finally open her Christmas present, her keyboard.



And here is our kitchen.  It is so nice to finally have my own cooking stuff again.  And the kitchen goes right out to the carport.  The man we are renting from built this home.  He used the space so well.  The celings are very tall and make the home seem much larger than it is.  No built in closets, except a huge one, which is a store all, but awesome.  We have freestanding ones in two of the bedrooms.



The Master bedroom is quite large, so we have divided it in half to make Lee's office.  It shrinks our bedroom, but I like that he will be here, for now.  He has worked tirelessly setting it up and getting proper electrical stuf, etc.

I could go on, but I have some more things to do tonight.  We are so blessed and thankful for this home.

Just a reminder of the story....Every door for houses was shut to us the night of the Superbowl.  My friend and her husband were praying for us, when she received a knock at the door, from our now landlord.  He was her former student and he was looking for someone to rent his home, and if they would care for his daughter, they could live there for free.  My friend instantly thought of our family.  God is so good.  And we know he has placed us here for a purpose.  Please pray for that...He would use us as He desires.  He already has.

I am sure there will be more pics to come, as we settle more, but just wanted you to see...


Oh, and we may have found a van...we will have to have air conditioning added.  I feel it is important...not that we have air all the time, but that we have the possibility.  This time of year is very hot, and even just having a little air helps so much!!!  So please pray for wisdom and that we buy it only if we should...


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for the update! You have done a wonderful job already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.