Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Whats Going On?

beautiful rainbow outside our house the other day


Promise has his eyes on "supper"

we are back to four kids again...aren't they gorgeous? Winnie fits right in.  At our favorite eatery....

She is serious when she does her work...

Love Tori's social studies assignment...great wall decor too...


YAY...a little KSBJ was all I needed this morning

My neighbor, who lives in an itty bitty house with 3 kids and a husband next door, makes us food all the time...here is what she brought us for lunch today...   She is very sweet. 


I'll be honest.  I do miss having TV.  We don't have any TV.  No news, no kids shows, nothing.  Forgoing cable means nothing.  So I do miss it a little.  We have watched the same movies over and over...

The upside?  We play worship DVDs all the time now.  It changes the atmosphere.  I sit and play with Erika more.  The kids do stuff together.  They go for bike rides.  So, it is good.

And I read more.  I have read more since we got settled than I have in a long time.  We are in that in-between stage.  Our church family is very small right now.  So it is not as consuming as a larger congregation, obviously.  I am not driving really so am home most of the time, except when Lee chauffers me around:)

So right now I am doing a Beth Moore Bible Study on Daniel.  But I miss the DVD sessions.  And I am also doing a 5 Conversations you must have with Your Daughter by Vicki Courtney, and reading a book by my former Youth Pastor, now Pastor of the Oaks in Dallas, called ACT NORMAL.  It is also written kind of like a devotional. 

I have had friends who have told me in the past about reading 5 books at once and thought, how could their brain do that?  But it actually works.  I am getting so much.  Like God is filling my tank right now.   Preparing me to give out soon.

Well, Tori and I are about to walk to the store, because Lee is having computer issues. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but just felt led to finally listen to the sermon when you and Lee told LIFE you were leaving. WOW. So many emotions and I know, I knew then, you are already there. :) I love you all sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I met you at Hosanna right before your family moved to Belize, I'm Shawn Monclova's wife.

    I love your updates, I've been reading your blog since you moved. I just want you to know we are praying for you guys!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.